This week I've spent a good deal of time working on developing what I call a "Framework for Action". I want to use this framework as a guideline to enroll people into the process of taking action on a variety of different projects and network I lead.
Creators continues to be an invaluable resources to me (Thanks everyone!) and so I thought I'd give back again by sharing my draft "Framework for Action" with you.
Kindly read through and then share your thoughts and input. Here is what I have so far:
- What are the problems and symptoms we are facing?
- What are the opportunities and impacts that could be made?
- What are our values and what do we want to achieve and for whom?
- What data is available to us that shows what is currently going on?
- Who or what organizations are currently addressing these problems or opportunities?
- What strategies and tactics have been effective at addressing these problems or opportunities?
- What are are we going to do?
- What resources do we need to support our action?
- Who is going to support/managing the action we are going to take?
- When are we going to take this action?
- How are we going to record action we took?
- What Key Performance Indicators are we going to track?
- How are we going to acknowledge and reward action and results?
- Do it.
- Record it.
- Report it.
- What did we actually get done?
- What did we get done vs. what we planned we do?
- How did the getting it done go?
- What was the feedback?
- What can we learn?
- What do we recommend we do differently next time?
Kindly reply with your feedback to the following questions:
- If you've done something like this before, is there another existing proven framework we should evaluate? If so which one(s)?
- Are we missing anything or should would you remove something? If so which and why?
- Any other questions you think I should be asking or something I should know?
Thank in advance for your help!