All Discussions Tagged 'hack' (50)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Heartbleed Security Exploit

The Internet is ablaze with news about this very serious security exploit of the https protocol.  Servers that use OpenSSL (which is estima…

Started by Asil

2 Apr 10
Reply by Asil

NC for Hire

Three Handy Facebook Tricks You May Not Know

For my fellow creators who use facebook to drive traffic to their networks, there are plenty of tactics that work and many that simply do n…

Started by JFarrow

7 Apr 4
Reply by Traddie

Ning: Unfair and Deceptive business practices

I have been a Ning customer for 6 years.  Ning has been the worst company to deal with the whole time.  They have deceived their members ti…

Started by Ethan Sigman

11 Mar 20
Reply by Crystal Coleman

NC for Hire

Style Hack: How to Have Different Backgrounds for Different Groups

What I am going to show you is how to have a manageble system for adding different background images to different groups using a little bit…

Started by JFarrow

35 Mar 11
Reply by John Bizley

NC for Hire

Trick: How to Add Related Photos, Forum Posts and Blogs Widget

Actually, this tip could be used for adding related posts to Photos (example), Forum Topics (example) or Blog Posts (example).  To be hones…

Started by JFarrow

48 Feb 8
Reply by Rowald

NC for Hire

How To Add Google PlusFeed To Your Ning RSS Module

Its a simple little hack which may go a long way.  Go to your Google+ Public Profile (using Firefox is easiest and make sure your GooglePlu…

Started by JFarrow

11 Feb 3
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

How To Embed YouTube Videos without the YouTube Logo-Hack

Embedding Youtube videos on your ning network is a terrific way to curate content which pertains to your site's subject matter.  But one pr…

Started by JFarrow

11 Feb 2
Reply by Rowald

NC for Hire

Hack: Get RSS Feeds for Twitter

Twitter is permanently retiring the Twitter API v1.0 sometime later this month and, to the end user, what it means is that all the existing…

Started by JFarrow

6 Jan 29
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

Hack To Embed Facebook Videos Into Your Ning

As we all know, ning has made It quite simple  to embed Youtube videos, but how (you might ask yourself) can you embed Facebook videos on y…

Started by JFarrow

8 Jan 28
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

Tip: Language Editor Tweaks for File Downloads and Attachments

Once upon a time I showed you how to implement members only downloads of attachments to posts on your Ning Network.  And today I noticed th…

Started by JFarrow

15 Jan 20
Reply by JFarrow

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Just Asking replied to Just Asking's discussion 'Need help defeating image crawler...'
"I will do that for the last couple.  The member is somehow still finding ones I hide on…"
50 minutes ago
Just Asking replied to Just Asking's discussion 'Anybody know of virtual world or virtual pet widgets with custom private channels?'
"I actually have a couple different ones like that installed already I'm *supposed to* be…"
53 minutes ago
Kos replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'how to reduce the http request'
"Agreed."
2 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Please help to create a slider'
"Replace just the CSS stylesheet with this one. I think I have it all worked out for…"
3 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Shruti Shah's discussion 'Sign up problem'
"I seen that somewhere two on another site, not sure what it means."
3 hours ago
Fondazione ISTUD is now a member of Creators
4 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to György Juhász's discussion 'Language editor issues'
"Hey, good idea! I know in Ning 2.0 the most recent translations were on the last pages of the site…"
4 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to György Juhász's discussion 'Language editor issues'
"I've never heard of that happening before. Essentially you're having problems translating…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service