All Discussions Tagged 'spam' (175)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I have never had a spammer until...

yesterday. i suspend him / it for spam. "Kwame Nimo kwamenimo21@gmail.com 41.215.160.150" How can I move him / it to my spam folder ? Thank…

Started by J.Pedro Henriques

4 Feb 13
Reply by CocteauBoy

Hurting Your SEO With Sliders (??), RSS and Copied Content

Yes we know original content is king and admittedly I'm a novice when it comes to search engine optimization (SEO) but I'm learning!  That…

Started by Kos

28 Jan 2
Reply by Patrick Chappelle

Blocking Spam by source

I'm running a 2.0 network and building a 3.0. I run Google Analytics and see that a large source of traffic is a website called "urlopener.…

Started by Doug Lowthian

2 Dec 5, 2013
Reply by Doug Lowthian

NC for Hire

I've Declined 39 Spam Member Applicants Today [RESOLVED]

Anyone else rejecting spammers left and right today?  What gives..     UPDATE With the help of this community and the river of concern, my…

Started by JFarrow

340 Oct 15, 2013
Reply by Alexander

Have Spammers Changed Tactics?

I noticed that somehow it appears Ning implemented something that finally foiled the "two-letter" spam registrations we've been plagued wit…

Started by Jeff Bean

7 Oct 13, 2013
Reply by Virgil G.

The Spam Arms Race

Many of you have been seeing a sharp increase in the number of spammers attempting to sign-up to your networks. For NCs with member moderat…

Started by John McDonald

88 Oct 1, 2013
Reply by Bruce

Spam Solutions

If you're battling spam sign ups recently, you're probably already commenting in this thread and Patrick did a great job recently pointing…

Started by Kos

19 Sep 16, 2013
Reply by Vanessa Moulédous

Major influx of Spam since yesterday.

For a while now (the last 3-4 weeks or so) I wasn't getting many new spam profiles. Since last night tho, I have received a higher frequenc…

Started by Moestradamus

2 Sep 14, 2013
Reply by Allison Leahy

The 2 Letter Spam Bandit

I keep getting newsletters from Ning quoting they have all these new improvements like 3.0, etc. Why aren't they focused on ridding of the…

Started by Scott Bishop

0 Sep 12, 2013

My network is under attack!!! 60+ spammers in few hours.

Guys, I have been patient. I understand the difficult of keeping the bots and spammers out of ning systems. But now the problem is getting…

Started by Marcelo Rodrigues

33 Sep 10, 2013
Reply by Angie Riquelmy

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Kos replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'how to reduce the http request'
"Agreed."
1 hour ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Please help to create a slider'
"Replace just the CSS stylesheet with this one. I think I have it all worked out for…"
2 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Shruti Shah's discussion 'Sign up problem'
"I seen that somewhere two on another site, not sure what it means."
2 hours ago
Fondazione ISTUD is now a member of Creators
2 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to György Juhász's discussion 'Language editor issues'
"Hey, good idea! I know in Ning 2.0 the most recent translations were on the last pages of the site…"
2 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to György Juhász's discussion 'Language editor issues'
"I've never heard of that happening before. Essentially you're having problems translating…"
2 hours ago
"Sometimes I can't get formatting to work right when editing certain boxes."
3 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to francesco pillinini's discussion '3rd Party Integration > Facebook'
"It's under general app settings on your facebook app its a checkbox you need to uncheck it if…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service