All Discussions Tagged 'spammers' (46)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Thank you Ning for getting rid of the two letter ID spam.

I just want to say a big thank you to the team in charge of fighting spam. There has been a big change in recent days. No spammers, especia…

Started by Denis

4 Sep 23, 2013
Reply by Patrick Chappelle

Spam Solutions

If you're battling spam sign ups recently, you're probably already commenting in this thread and Patrick did a great job recently pointing…

Started by Kos

19 Sep 16, 2013
Reply by Vanessa Moulédous

My network is under attack!!! 60+ spammers in few hours.

Guys, I have been patient. I understand the difficult of keeping the bots and spammers out of ning systems. But now the problem is getting…

Started by Marcelo Rodrigues

33 Sep 10, 2013
Reply by Angie Riquelmy

How To Rid Your Ning Network Of Spam

(Edit: This tip isn't for everyone. It works best for Ning networks that get most of their traffic from Facebook, Twitter, or some other…

Started by Patrick Chappelle

70 Aug 15, 2013

Are there lurkers and spammers hiding here on creators?

The reason I ask is that I get several scammers trying to sign up every single day to my sandbox 3.0 site and unless someone knows the exac…

Started by Donna Mac

18 Aug 9, 2013
Reply by Jelena

It's Reigning Spam

In a previous discussion, I explain how to combat spam on your Ning network. The solution I suggested isn't for everyone, and it leaves a…

Started by Patrick Chappelle

20 Jul 25, 2013

spam problem possible solution

First of all I view this spam issue as a ning company shortcoming.  The same guy is hitting all of our sites and yet they are not getting u…

Started by Eric Stallsmith

2 Jul 23, 2013
Reply by Allison Leahy

Anyone else getting bombarded by new spam members?

Thankfully I have all the Ning solutions implemented to moderate out spammers from joining my local London community http://www.BeckenhamTo

Started by jonclarke

2 Jun 18, 2013
Reply by jonclarke

Spammers Using 2 Letter Names - When will it stop and how?

Hello,Is it me or are other networks getting slammed with spammers trying to join???? Of the 100 or so membership requests we get a week, u…

Started by Groudswell

1 Apr 10, 2013
Reply by Writer Chick {Diane}

New spammers posting a lot of stuff related to facebook

I am just wondering whether anyone is seeing this new kind of spam. They sign up with usernames that are facebook links and spam the blogs…

Started by Denis

6 Mar 31, 2013
Reply by Denis

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next!

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums.

APIsThe ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

ceri shaw replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Ahhhh sorted it :) I need to add native comments to the blog feature and THEN add FB comments as an…"
4 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"add the activity feed to every page  i also have a fill page feed as well and it will be…"
7 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"2 diferent things  go to your blog, remove the comment wall and enable comments the comment…"
10 minutes ago
heather Blues replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"yes..I see they are updating the activity feed..I hope it works a little better than it does…"
10 minutes ago
ceri shaw replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Yes I added a comment wall to the blogs feature. I was under the impression that blog comments were…"
14 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"you mean like the activity feed wich will be updated soon? im not sire whatyou mean i did suggest a…"
15 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"oh i stand corrected (on 2 points ) 1 the author box isnt unique to the post (i shoiuld have…"
19 minutes ago
heather Blues replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"Soo..there wont be any other notifications, only the email option? For my social site notifications…"
22 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service