All Discussions Tagged 'tip' (110)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NC for Hire

Three Handy Facebook Tricks You May Not Know

For my fellow creators who use facebook to drive traffic to their networks, there are plenty of tactics that work and many that simply do n…

Started by JFarrow

7 Apr 4
Reply by Traddie

NC for Hire

Add a Simple Geolocation Widget to Your Ning Site

If you have looked around for a simple location aware widget to add to your Ning network, you have probably seen all sorts of garbage widge…

Started by JFarrow

2 Apr 1
Reply by Jelena

NC for Hire

How To: Turn Your Network into A Desktop Application

Here is a cool and quick time-saving tip for the NC on the move. If you are using Google Chrome (which you should be-hint hint), turn YOUR…

Started by JFarrow

31 Mar 19
Reply by Vincent Wright

NC for Hire

Style Hack: How to Have Different Backgrounds for Different Groups

What I am going to show you is how to have a manageble system for adding different background images to different groups using a little bit…

Started by JFarrow

35 Mar 11
Reply by John Bizley

NC for Hire

Link Trick: Make Your Links "Feel" Like Buttons on Hover

What I am going to show you is extremely simple and will create a consistant feel to your site by visitors. What we will achieve is a 1- pi…

Started by JFarrow

4 Mar 7
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

Font Tip: Add Effects To Your Imported Google Fonts

If you have been looking for a simple way to add typographic effects to your headings, titles, etc. here is a tip for you. NOTE: This tip i…

Started by JFarrow

9 Mar 3
Reply by Mary Jane Peterson

NC for Hire

Sweet Trick: Make Your Backgrounds Scroll and Animate With Just CSS

If you have been thinking about how to add a scrolling background image to your Ning network, but have not been sure how to do it, you're i…

Started by JFarrow

10 Mar 1
Reply by Mary Jane Peterson

NC for Hire

➳ How to Add Speech Recognition to Ning Search and Text Areas

Speech Recognition and Voice to Text Text fields, comment boxes and and search input on Ning networks are not only numerous, they are getti…

Started by JFarrow

3 Feb 26
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

Tip: ☎ How to Add Telephone Numbers as Clickable Links ☎

✆ Let The Web Page Do the Dialing You may be accustomed to adding telephone numbers to web pages as just static text of digits and dashes,…

Started by JFarrow

5 Feb 25
Reply by JFarrow

( UPDATED 01-11-13 ) HOW TO REMOVE THE GREY BOX IN MEMBERS PROFILES BUT STILL KEEP THE INFO NICE AND NEAT TO SHOW

( UPDATED ON 01-11-13 ) This was updated to re-align the new message and friend buttons and also to move the new profile options menu down…

Started by John Bizley

34 Feb 12
Reply by Evandro Dalben

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next!

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums.

APIsThe ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Enrrico Torres replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Please help to create a slider'
"George thank you very much for the slider..:) it is working fine on the computer and also on the…"
6 minutes ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Julie's discussion 'How To Show Current Number on Users and Visitors Online?'
"Scripts 4 Ning had this years ago. The only site I know of that still uses it is…"
21 minutes ago
Fabienne GUILLOT replied to Forbes.'s discussion 'WHY IFRAME VIDEO EMBED CODE DOESN'T PLAY ON NING?'
"Thank you very much!"
1 hour ago
alias ningtest-nla@korn.ch replied to alias ningtest-nla@korn.ch's discussion 'Who is receiving notifications for replies to tickets and to the changed status of tickets?'
"Still I miss any answer to this issue .... and ticket 590934 still is open without any solution…"
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"they do have 24 hour on call engineers so its not like we have to wait  till they are back in…"
5 hours ago
Anam replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Error now on my site.. Latest Activity only shows my activity and no one elses. Every day at the…"
5 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"im seeing them more and more and the design studio only opens like 1 out of every 50 times wich is…"
6 hours ago
ceri shaw replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Cant speak for anyone else but I'm not seeing any 500 errors at the moment."
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service