All Discussions Tagged 'trick' (46)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

NC for Hire

Trick: Change the Out-going Twitter Text for Shared Items

While sharing some items on Land Surveyors United earlier I started to think about the search engine optimization of my outgoing tweets on…

Started by JFarrow

9 Apr 2
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

How To: Turn Your Network into A Desktop Application

Here is a cool and quick time-saving tip for the NC on the move. If you are using Google Chrome (which you should be-hint hint), turn YOUR…

Started by JFarrow

31 Mar 19
Reply by Vincent Wright

NC for Hire

Style Hack: How to Have Different Backgrounds for Different Groups

What I am going to show you is how to have a manageble system for adding different background images to different groups using a little bit…

Started by JFarrow

35 Mar 11
Reply by John Bizley

NC for Hire

Link Trick: Make Your Links "Feel" Like Buttons on Hover

What I am going to show you is extremely simple and will create a consistant feel to your site by visitors. What we will achieve is a 1- pi…

Started by JFarrow

4 Mar 7
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

Font Tip: Add Effects To Your Imported Google Fonts

If you have been looking for a simple way to add typographic effects to your headings, titles, etc. here is a tip for you. NOTE: This tip i…

Started by JFarrow

9 Mar 3
Reply by Mary Jane Peterson

NC for Hire

Sweet Trick: Make Your Backgrounds Scroll and Animate With Just CSS

If you have been thinking about how to add a scrolling background image to your Ning network, but have not been sure how to do it, you're i…

Started by JFarrow

10 Mar 1
Reply by Mary Jane Peterson

NC for Hire

➳ How to Add Speech Recognition to Ning Search and Text Areas

Speech Recognition and Voice to Text Text fields, comment boxes and and search input on Ning networks are not only numerous, they are getti…

Started by JFarrow

3 Feb 26
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

Tip: ☎ How to Add Telephone Numbers as Clickable Links ☎

✆ Let The Web Page Do the Dialing You may be accustomed to adding telephone numbers to web pages as just static text of digits and dashes,…

Started by JFarrow

5 Feb 25
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

3.0 Trick: Add Custom Icons Colors and CSS To Change Them

A client asked me recently if the icon colors could be changed.  Of course I knew there had to be a way to change or customize the icons th…

Started by JFarrow

17 Feb 15
Reply by JFarrow

NC for Hire

Trick: How to Add Related Photos, Forum Posts and Blogs Widget

Actually, this tip could be used for adding related posts to Photos (example), Forum Topics (example) or Blog Posts (example).  To be hones…

Started by JFarrow

48 Feb 8
Reply by Rowald

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion '( tip N3 ) the importance of CSS @media Queries - And how to use them.'
"You're welcome Randy, keep up the good work. :-)"
16 minutes ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'How to force tablets and phones to desktop mode?'
"Do you really want to destroy the responsive grid for cell phones and tablets?This code will do…"
18 minutes ago
Gary Cobb replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion 'See White Flag? Can we quit arguing/bellyaching for a while?'
"I like the sentiment Suzie but raising legitimate concerns and in effect, beta testing and helping…"
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Smartphone & Tablet ready? NOT TRUE!'
"Yes!   I second this."
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Smartphone & Tablet ready? NOT TRUE!'
"+1, Stig."
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to John Bizley's discussion 'How To Add A Link In The Footer Back To The Creators Page Before The Ning Items'
"Thanks for testing this Kos.  I will keep reading this thread so see the outcome."
1 hour ago
SAMUEL QUELES replied to Daniel Dias's discussion 'Existirá alguma forma, mesmo que externa, de incluir musicas na plataforma 3.0 ???' in the group Criadores Brasileiros - Brazilian Creators
"Se você fala sobre adicionar arquivos de audio, video, incluir tbm videos do youtube, vimeo,…"
2 hours ago
SAMUEL QUELES replied to Thiago Santos de Moraes's discussion 'Exemplos de comunidades inspiradoras usando o Ning 3.0' in the group Criadores Brasileiros - Brazilian Creators
"Muito bom o layout da AudioSprout. Eu procurei um webdesigner para trabalhar o meu layout…"
2 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service