Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Add a Christmas look and feel to your sites

Hi folks,

Here is your Christmas Present from me. Please accept it as a token of love.

How to implement ?

Note: For some reason this forum is not showing the correct iframe width and height inside the code below. This is supposed to be width size 780 and height size 320. Please correct it before saving your text box. 

For 2 column layout,  just copy and paste the following code into any text box.

<div id="page-content" class="description">
<div class="xg_user_generated"><iframe width="780" height="320" src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP*-MEM3cFsemQ7i-Sl7Ka8uMJ-p1oyBtr8wLtpaHGJpRP5RrWZZlGn1*QAzuT7CQKsKKyP7hPqlS5VS*cgMLe6a/1059732076.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe></div>

For Three Column Layout, follow the steps below.

Step 1: Add 2 text boxes on the top of left and middle column. 

Step 2: paste the following codes:

CODE 1 THIS CODE GOES TO ADVANCED CSS BOX:

.space {height:300px;margin-top:-20px;} 
.module_text .xg_module_body {overflow:visible;}
#spotlight {margin-left:-247px;width:747px;}
#spotlight img, #spotlight embed, #spotlight object {padding:0; margin:0; max-width:747px;}

CODE 2 THIS CODE GOES TO MIDDLE TEXT BOX:

<div id="spotlight" class="space">
<div id="page-content" class="description">
<div class="xg_user_generated"><iframe width="780" height="320" src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP*-MEM3cFsemQ7i-Sl7Ka8uMJ-p1oyBtr8wLtpaHGJpRP5RrWZZlGn1*QAzuT7CQKsKKyP7hPqlS5VS*cgMLe6a/1059732076.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe></div>
</div>
</div>

CODE 3 THIS CODE GOES TO LEFT TEXT BOX:

<div class="space"></div>

Live preview

Preview

You may want to contact me for further ning customization and all. contact: bernardmax2@gmail.com

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Thanks Joan. I'm glad it worked for you. Right behind the banner of your network there is a gap between 2 modules. To get rid of it, follow the following instruction.

If you want to remove text box background, simply copy and paste this code into advanced css box: 

.module_text {
    background: transparent!important;
    border: none!important;
    }

If you want to add background in specific text box just wrap up the contents with the following code:

This code goes to text box:

<div class="text_style">YOUR CONTENT GOES HERE</div>

This code goes to Advanced CSS box:

.text_style {
    background: #E1E8FA;
    border-width: 1px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: #BDBDBD;
    padding: 5px;
    margin: -5px;
    }

This code will remove background color of the text box

.module_text {
    background: transparent!important;
    border: none!important;
    }

• Any reply on the custom search feature?

• O thanks Bernard I'll take a look at that. Much appreciated!

• Nice work Bernard and i hope you to have a fantastic Christmas :)

• Hi Bernard I've tried this Christmas graphic - cut and pasted the 2 column code but it's not worked! the message is way over to the right ... so we get "Merry Chris"  (I resized the box to 780x320) ??!!

• NC for Hire

Hi Joan,

Thanks for liking it. Well, you got to change the iframe size manually as this forum is not showing the iframe size correctly, it is automatically changing. 

• NC for Hire

If you are using Ning 3.0 with 2 column layout, just copy and paste the following code into any wider test box...

<iframe width="712" height="292" src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/*tHd*uipNJAN1vpx6fKuDAinxTFEEOa1ztaYpIgr6xHNQW2qGi523skhLxMDCfClase2AZVlCS5TnX6nqxMkaxnFtdWx7sg6/1064518628.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Jen replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"@Eugene, Sorry to say, I feel the same, and couldn't agree, more. :\"
32 minutes ago
Eugene replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Thanks, Jen.  I'm glad Ning updated their status page.  However, given the size and scope of this i…"
40 minutes ago
"Temporary Solution:
For those of you who have blogcentric home pages, this is what I've been doing…"
1 hour ago
Anam replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Thanks, Jen"
1 hour ago
"They finally added a status update almost 24 hours later, acknowledging this issue publicly, and st…"
1 hour ago
Ning via Facebook

Hello everyone! If you are seeing issues with blog modules on your 3.0 network, our on-call team…

Strumelia replied to JFarrow's discussion Anyone Else Having Problems With Youtube on Social Channels N3?
"Not experiencing any issues with playing YT vids on 2.0.  (am grateful for that, since we are a mus…"
2 hours ago
Mary Jane Peterson replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"my are too"
2 hours ago
"Unbelievable"
3 hours ago
Thisisbully replied to Luke Jones's discussion show the people that have "Liked" a status,Photo,video etc
"I have those features install on my site including photo uploads to comment from mobile and chat no…"
3 hours ago
FedMedic replied to FedMedic's discussion Sliders anyone?
"Looks awesome! I finally got it to work JFarrow. I just need the slider to be leaderboard size with…"
3 hours ago
Coach Drew replied to Coach Drew's discussion Paid Migration Off Ning
"Thank you for the info!  I will take a look"
3 hours ago
JFarrow replied to FedMedic's discussion Sliders anyone?
"i have a slider which can be formatted to your liking and iframed in like this if it is of interest"
3 hours ago
JFarrow replied to FedMedic's discussion Sliders anyone?
"its working fine on my 2.0  Land Surveyors United... and on leaderboards and a Powr map on this pag…"
3 hours ago
Kos replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Ning is aware of it.  Hang in there"
4 hours ago
Strumelia replied to SweetPotato's discussion Ning 3.0 & 2.0 Update: Archiver & Migration
"Miche this has all gone round and round a dozen times over the months by various people here. There…"
5 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Lucia Steele - CTRNetwork's discussion Question: NING 2.0 vs. 3.0
"Miche, you are totally crackin me up ....yeah maybe Ning should hire me as their new customer advoc…"
5 hours ago
Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion Create a sign out and a sign in page
"Aww awesome!!!!Thanks John :) Thanks again John :) I'll just have to have a Potch around with it ah…"
6 hours ago
Anna replied to Anam's discussion Blogs Gone ~ Ning 3
"Mine have gone too. My site looks silly! Submitted a ticket 4 hours ago."
6 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Luke Jones's discussion Create a sign out and a sign in page
"Luke the easist way to do something like this is to have all your pages set to veiwable to members…"
7 hours ago
More…