Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Add a Christmas look and feel to your sites

Hi folks,

Here is your Christmas Present from me. Please accept it as a token of love.

How to implement ?

Note: For some reason this forum is not showing the correct iframe width and height inside the code below. This is supposed to be width size 780 and height size 320. Please correct is before saving your text box. 

For 2 column layout,  just copy and paste the following code into any text box.

<div id="page-content" class="description">
<div class="xg_user_generated"><iframe width="780" height="320" src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP*-MEM3cFsemQ7i-Sl7Ka8uMJ-p1oyBtr8wLtpaHGJpRP5RrWZZlGn1*QAzuT7CQKsKKyP7hPqlS5VS*cgMLe6a/1059732076.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe></div>

For Three Column Layout, follow the steps below.

Step 1: Add 2 text boxes on the top of left and middle column. 

Step 2: paste the following codes:

CODE 1 THIS CODE GOES TO ADVANCED CSS BOX:

.space {height:300px;margin-top:-20px;} 
.module_text .xg_module_body {overflow:visible;}
#spotlight {margin-left:-247px;width:747px;}
#spotlight img, #spotlight embed, #spotlight object {padding:0; margin:0; max-width:747px;}

CODE 2 THIS CODE GOES TO MIDDLE TEXT BOX:

<div id="spotlight" class="space">
<div id="page-content" class="description">
<div class="xg_user_generated"><iframe width="780" height="320" src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP*-MEM3cFsemQ7i-Sl7Ka8uMJ-p1oyBtr8wLtpaHGJpRP5RrWZZlGn1*QAzuT7CQKsKKyP7hPqlS5VS*cgMLe6a/1059732076.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe></div>
</div>
</div>

CODE 3 THIS CODE GOES TO LEFT TEXT BOX:

<div class="space"></div>

Live preview

Preview

You may want to contact me for further ning customization and all. contact: bernardmax2@gmail.com

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• NC for Hire

Thanks Joan. I'm glad it worked for you. Right behind the banner of your network there is a gap between 2 modules. To get rid of it, follow the following instruction.

If you want to remove text box background, simply copy and paste this code into advanced css box: 

.module_text {
    background: transparent!important;
    border: none!important;
    }

If you want to add background in specific text box just wrap up the contents with the following code:

This code goes to text box:

<div class="text_style">YOUR CONTENT GOES HERE</div>

This code goes to Advanced CSS box:

.text_style {
    background: #E1E8FA;
    border-width: 1px;
    border-style: solid;
    border-color: #BDBDBD;
    padding: 5px;
    margin: -5px;
    }

This code will remove background color of the text box

.module_text {
    background: transparent!important;
    border: none!important;
    }

• Any reply on the custom search feature?

• O thanks Bernard I'll take a look at that. Much appreciated!

• Nice work Bernard and i hope you to have a fantastic Christmas :)

• Hi Bernard I've tried this Christmas graphic - cut and pasted the 2 column code but it's not worked! the message is way over to the right ... so we get "Merry Chris"  (I resized the box to 780x320) ??!!

• NC for Hire

Hi Joan,

Thanks for liking it. Well, you got to change the iframe size manually as this forum is not showing the iframe size correctly, it is automatically changing. 

• NC for Hire

If you are using Ning 3.0 with 2 column layout, just copy and paste the following code into any wider test box...

<iframe width="712" height="292" src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/*tHd*uipNJAN1vpx6fKuDAinxTFEEOa1ztaYpIgr6xHNQW2qGi523skhLxMDCfClase2AZVlCS5TnX6nqxMkaxnFtdWx7sg6/1064518628.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Strumelia replied to PeruCool's discussion Alternatives to Ning social network
"John did you ever create that SEphp test network?"
2 hours ago
Tuxedo Ramen replied to PeruCool's discussion Alternatives to Ning social network
"Woah time out there. $4/month for hosting, 6 domains, Unlimited data and disc space? That is not go…"
3 hours ago
Alexander replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion I see no magic moment that NING finally comes together
"I hear very few feet in the corridors, sorry - corridor, of the new Ning allocated space, even less…"
5 hours ago
JFarrow replied to JFarrow's discussion How to prevent Text and Line Breaking with CSS
"no problem...that must have been a Ning bug"
6 hours ago
JFarrow left a comment for Eric Sewerz
"miss you old buddy.."
6 hours ago
JFarrow replied to James Higginson's discussion Please show me a good 3.0 site if you can
"and yes as SP noticed there was a specific responsive element removed by request"
7 hours ago
JFarrow replied to James Higginson's discussion Please show me a good 3.0 site if you can
"Network for educators and students following a sailing voyage"
7 hours ago
"MMM is a 3.0 site, for sure.. i helped with it.."
7 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion I see no magic moment that NING finally comes together
"Thanks!    :D"
7 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion I see no magic moment that NING finally comes together
"love your enthusiasm and positivity today Strumelia.. i have my fingers crossed too.."
7 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Fred Peters's discussion Competitions
"i like your approach too John"
7 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Fred Peters's discussion Competitions
"You could integrate a rating system as I have done here under comments and this way you'll have a w…"
7 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Fred Peters's discussion Competitions
"Fred I ran one just the other month. I first created a new photo page for the members to upload to.…"
7 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion I see no magic moment that NING finally comes together
"Don't worry Jeffrey, the Ning Engineering Team is totally on it.
It'll all come together any day no…"
8 hours ago
Robin replied to Robin's discussion Code for Text box for Latest Photos Posted
"Thanks! I just deleted and added it again and it shows up. Some glitch I guess. THANKS!"
9 hours ago
Bernard Lama replied to Robin's discussion Code for Text box for Latest Photos Posted
"Well, you don't have to use any code to display latest photos.
Just go to Edit and select your pref…"
9 hours ago
Bernard Lama replied to Fred Peters's discussion Competitions
"Hi fred, in my opinion most facebook like would be the best and effective. We have already done it…"
9 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

Big Launch Syndrome http://ow.ly/zbQTf

Big Launch…

John Bizley replied to steve's discussion Video embed help
"Oh I forgot to mention that even their social channels page does not go correctly in a responsive w…"
11 hours ago
John Bizley replied to steve's discussion Video embed help
"No worries Steve. Yes the videos pages where supposed be coming but who knows these days when as th…"
11 hours ago
More…