Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

3.0 Tip: Insert Image Into Signin Page

I have been remaking an old network on 3.0 and wanted to add some more style to the signup and signin pages. This tip will insert an image above the normal stuff and a few small tweaks to your network info. Animated GIFs look good too. I'm also working on the ability to insert a div and play videos instead of pictures... when I get a minute.

Add the code below to your CSS, and adjust to your needs.

Enjoy :)

FT

/***-----About Network Tweaks---- ***/
.aboutNetwork {border: groove 2px #fff; border-radius:5px;
padding:10px;
background:#fff;
text-align: center;
-moz-box-shadow:0px 1px 12px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.2),0px -2px 15px rgba(0,0,0,.4) inset;-webkit-box-shadow:0px 1px 12px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.2),0px -2px 15px rgba(0,0,0,.4) inset;box-shadow:0px 1px 12px 5px rgba(0,0,0,.2),0px -2px 15px rgba(0,0,0,.4) inset;
}

.aboutNetwork-title {
font-weight: bold;
text-align: center;
text-decoration: underline;}

.aboutNetwork-networkIcon {
margin-left: 40%;
margin-right: 40%;
margin-bottom: 10px;}

/***-----Pics Above Signin---- ***/
.module-actions.cf.signUpPage-signInLink.cf::before,.module-actions.cf.signInPage-signUpLink.cf::before {
height: 35em;
width: 100%;
border: groove 2px #fff; border-radius:5px;
margin: 0 0 2em 0;
background:url('http://YOUR_IMAGE_URL_GOES_HERE');background-size:100% 100%;
-moz-box-shadow:0px 2px 10px rgba(0,0,0,.8);-webkit-box-shadow:0px 2px 10px rgba(0,0,0,.8);box-shadow:0px 2px 10px rgba(0,0,0,.8);
}
/***-----Resize for Mobile---- ***/
@media screen and (min-width:60px) and (max-width:430px) {
.module-actions.cf.signUpPage-signInLink.cf::before,.module-actions.cf.signInPage-signUpLink.cf::before {
height: 16.5em;}
}
@media screen and (min-width:430px) and (max-width:550px) {
height: 23em;}
}
@media screen and (min-width:550px) and (max-width:650px) {
height: 28em;}
}

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• ... also, thanks for John Bizley for the doubled inset & regular box shadows at same time direction...

• This reply was deleted.
      • I always give credit when it's due :)

• Very nice; good job FT

• Thx KOS

• Fire-tech, this is awesome and It looks very professional. Thank you for sharing and you have a great day. :-)

• Thanks George. You do the same!

• I'm having a rough go getting videos to work in the same location. I can insert a video above posts, but can't seem to make it stick on signin page. Any ideas?

Here's the quick and dirty for posts (minus the css)...

<!-----------------Forum Ads Before ------------------>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    if (typeof(x$) != 'undefined') {
    x$("header.entry-headline.media-frame").before('<center><iframe width="100%" height="180" src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/49356164?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0&amp;autoplay=0" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen="" mozallowfullscreen="" allowfullscreen=""></iframe></center>');
    }
    else{
    }
    </script>

• NC for Hire

nice tip bud!

• Yeah.. that was a year ago. Haven't written a tip in a loooong time :)

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Fabricio Giugni's discussion Create a member Pro. What can he do that others can't?
"You could offer access to a group or set of pages that other members can't see..."
1 hour ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"FYI - some programming glitch is also affecting the old Ning 2.0 Pro sites . . . same "blank" regis…"
2 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Marcelo Rodrigues's discussion Chat problem
"Apparently having the same issue here, including the timing as reported by site members while I was…"
2 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Network not launched yet issue
"@ Kyryl - - thanks for these updates.  I was out of pocket traveling the past week, and several mem…"
2 hours ago
Tyler Durbin replied to Marcelo Rodrigues's discussion Chat problem
"My chat has been down for 2 days!  They are saying that it is a bug.  Ugggg...."
2 hours ago
Alex replied to Alex's discussion NING 3 Groups on Home Page
"Thank you John... works a treat.
Much obliged!
Alex"
3 hours ago
Manuel Adame Jimenez replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"Patience Kos
{[°III ♤ ♡ ♧ III°]}"
3 hours ago
Bizz replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"Not sure, but will have to take a look to see if it's possible."
4 hours ago
Bizz replied to Alex's discussion NING 3 Groups on Home Page
"I would write this with this code below as it would keep the groups a nice size and not to small mu…"
4 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

#Ning #radio #online Tune in to the radio, find your playmates - and have fun on…

Mike Collins replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"John is there anyway of excluding the search in private groups through code?"
4 hours ago
Naveen Jain replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"This worked. Thanks"
4 hours ago
Naveen Jain replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"culytics.com"
4 hours ago
"Your most welcome :-)"
4 hours ago
Anam replied to Naveen Jain's discussion How can I disable Ning Search in 3.0
"Ahhh, I see! That makes sense. At least I eventually had the wit to think maybe it was my line of w…"
5 hours ago
Kos replied to Kyryl_Ning_Support's discussion Chat Feature Update on Ning 3.0 is ready!
"Day #3 and Chat is still down. This is ridiculous.  Please release "old" chat until you get things…"
5 hours ago
"No worries. If you want to make notes in css you must enclose them else it will stop all css from t…"
5 hours ago

Hi John, I actually had tried it and it didn't work, but just gave it another try and it did. I a…"
5 hours ago
"Hi Anam, did you try my one as it should work, works on mine and I tried it on the creators one.
#x…"
5 hours ago
"This didn't work for me. I also would like to remove the new search bar as it displays material in…"
6 hours ago
More…