Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

We experienced an unplanned maintenance this afternoon that lasted for nearly two hours. We had a previous outage last week on Thanksgiving Day.

When outages occur, our on-call team takes action to resolve them quickly. We've long been proud to offer a consistently high uptime (99.9% so far in 2012), but these two outages do not line up with that high level of consistency. We just wanted to let you, our customers, know that we take this issue very seriously and intend to report back about any details we can share about the underlying issues involved.

Until that time, I wanted to let you know that we appear to be back up and running, that you can always follow along if you have any questions about the platform with the Ning Status blog, and that we will be following up with more information. We know that you take the performance of your Ning site seriously, and we want you to know that we do, too.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Thank you for your efforts

• I can feel the kindling of heat about to set this discussion on fire. glad everything is back online though :)
  • thank you eric et a l'quipe de maintenance kiss

• Hi Eric 

Thank you for doing the MAINTENANCE :)

• thank you-performance is back to what is was 3 hours ago--

• Thank God.. n thank NING...........we started breathing again...........

• Thanks for keeping us informed, and hope you don't get a backlash of complaints as these problems are very rare :)

• Well, we deserve a few complaints for this downtime, for sure. I know it was a big inconvenience for everyone. 

• whew....

Yes, same here, Shesh Dhar Tiwari, 

breathing deeply, and thankful for every breath.

Automated "we're sorry, ____ (name of site) is closed for maintenance" is surely not a sight any of us wish to see (even when planned and announced, but especially not when unplanned and unannounced). 

--

Do appreciate the prompt responses and updates here.

Do hope this will not become a frequent occurrence.

--

*unrelated FYI = also thanks for the FeverBee/Richard Millington webinar earlier today!

--

Question = sort of related to "We're back" = Is it safe to turn the Daily Digest feature/option back on for all members?

--

Thanks again for the prompt-as-possible return to service and communication,

Holly

• I'm still getting intermittant error messages.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Alvaro Suarez, Ryan Jenkins, Paul Kiczek and 4 more joined Ning Creators Network
19 minutes ago
Alvaro Suarez is now a member of Ning Networks en español
19 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Hi Ken, not ready to test drive yet but I did sign up for the Ning-to-Jamroom newsletter, thanks. …"
25 minutes ago
Ken Rich left a comment for Strumelia
"Nice to meet you. I answered your question, the link at the bottom of my answer is really all you n…"
52 minutes ago
Kos replied to Kos's discussion OK Ning Wizards - I Need Your Help
"hmmm it's being funky.  Pulling in titles from my forum area.  URL below as well
http://stockbuz.ne…"
1 hour ago
Ken Rich replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Hi Strumelia,
Yes, they have all that and more. However, their CMS will be a bit of a learning curv…"
1 hour ago
Kos replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"Patric Indeed.  Great to see you though buddy.  I just returned from vacation with my inbox implode…"
1 hour ago
Tim Atkinson replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"Ning 3 in over-notification shock...."
1 hour ago
SweetPotato replied to Kos's discussion OK Ning Wizards - I Need Your Help
"Relatively lately, yeah :-) pleased it's of use. Would love to see it working on your site if you h…"
1 hour ago
Chazz replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"Oh you naughty girl, Behave, you cheeky devil. LMAO!"
2 hours ago
Strumelia replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"I told you so.
;)"
2 hours ago
Patrick Chappelle replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"Good Lord! My inbox is filling up with notifications from this discussion! <br />
<br />
Well, you…"
2 hours ago
Scott Bishop replied to Scott Bishop's discussion Importing Fonts
"Hi US, My capabilities in CSS are copy/paste. 
Do you know how to input a special font to this code…"
2 hours ago
Strumelia replied to John McDonald's discussion Upgrading to Ning 3.0 Status
"One and a half years now since Ning 3.0 was rolled out.  what the heck....???"
2 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Ken Rich's discussion Ning Lied To Us - Your Content is Not Safe
"Ken does JR offer a "friends" feature, with private messaging?   Photo slideshows?  Member profile…"
2 hours ago
Kos replied to Kos's discussion OK Ning Wizards - I Need Your Help
"Have I told you lately that you rock?  Yes, I came up with a work around but yours is much better -…"
2 hours ago
JFarrow replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"i saw that too... nice!"
2 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Airwalk's discussion Archiving of all member data
"Ken, I sent you a friend request."
2 hours ago
United Spirits replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"I envy you. Seriously. No content migration script for Ning 3 sites as of yet."
2 hours ago
United Spirits replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"I want to move to social engine but its too high of a price. I wonder if I can contact their suppor…"
2 hours ago
More…