Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

We experienced an unplanned maintenance this afternoon that lasted for nearly two hours. We had a previous outage last week on Thanksgiving Day.

When outages occur, our on-call team takes action to resolve them quickly. We've long been proud to offer a consistently high uptime (99.9% so far in 2012), but these two outages do not line up with that high level of consistency. We just wanted to let you, our customers, know that we take this issue very seriously and intend to report back about any details we can share about the underlying issues involved.

Until that time, I wanted to let you know that we appear to be back up and running, that you can always follow along if you have any questions about the platform with the Ning Status blog, and that we will be following up with more information. We know that you take the performance of your Ning site seriously, and we want you to know that we do, too.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Thank you for your efforts

• I can feel the kindling of heat about to set this discussion on fire. glad everything is back online though :)
  • thank you eric et a l'quipe de maintenance kiss

• Hi Eric 

Thank you for doing the MAINTENANCE :)

• thank you-performance is back to what is was 3 hours ago--

• Thank God.. n thank NING...........we started breathing again...........

• Thanks for keeping us informed, and hope you don't get a backlash of complaints as these problems are very rare :)

• Well, we deserve a few complaints for this downtime, for sure. I know it was a big inconvenience for everyone. 

• whew....

Yes, same here, Shesh Dhar Tiwari, 

breathing deeply, and thankful for every breath.

Automated "we're sorry, ____ (name of site) is closed for maintenance" is surely not a sight any of us wish to see (even when planned and announced, but especially not when unplanned and unannounced). 

--

Do appreciate the prompt responses and updates here.

Do hope this will not become a frequent occurrence.

--

*unrelated FYI = also thanks for the FeverBee/Richard Millington webinar earlier today!

--

Question = sort of related to "We're back" = Is it safe to turn the Daily Digest feature/option back on for all members?

--

Thanks again for the prompt-as-possible return to service and communication,

Holly

• I'm still getting intermittant error messages.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Maria Balcells and SSCLUB joined NING NETWORKS EUROPE
2 hours ago
Simon Farnworth replied to Poppili's discussion Is it true Ning doesn't convert 2.0 sites to 3.0 ?
"Interesting how it always seems to be 'Dustin' that is answering help center queries. He must be a…"
3 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Poppili's discussion Is it true Ning doesn't convert 2.0 sites to 3.0 ?
"I understand!
Here's a thought, which might prove helpful in the possible occasion if Glam suddenly…"
4 hours ago
Siem van Westen left a comment for Siem van Westen
"we, mijnzaanstreek.nl , would like to hold an enquiry under all our members.
we think about 3 or 4…"
4 hours ago
Lena A, Lady Shadow )0(, RAYMON MICHAEL POWERS and 4 more joined Ning Creators Network
5 hours ago
SSCLUB is now a member of Tips 4 Ning Creators
6 hours ago
SSCLUB is now a member of NING AFRICA
7 hours ago
Paul Asher replied to Paul Asher's discussion Ning3 Member CSV File
""Do you need just an example of this file ?"
Yes please. I just want to see what it looks like and…"
7 hours ago
Poppili replied to Poppili's discussion Is it true Ning doesn't convert 2.0 sites to 3.0 ?
"thanks a lot ! it is inspiring.
but I can't just throw everything I have all  the discussions... ho…"
7 hours ago
Poppili replied to Paul Asher's discussion Ning3 Member CSV File
"Do you need just an example of this file ?
My dream is to move to jamroom but I am with ning 3.0 an…"
7 hours ago
Jim Kinson replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Working great on Cross Roads Fellowship, George. Love all the features that you have created and an…"
8 hours ago
lorianne replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"you are very kind George. i would love to do this, but right now I am up to my eyeballs launching …"
8 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Paul Asher's discussion Ning3 Member CSV File
"I can vouch for Paul's tech abilities- he worked miracles for me!
Plus, he plays a mean accordion."
8 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Poppili's discussion Is it true Ning doesn't convert 2.0 sites to 3.0 ?
"The lack of a content archiver in Ning 3.0 makes it very difficult to move one's network content el…"
9 hours ago
Kos replied to Dreaming Minds's discussion Need tips on selling our Ning network
"lack of resources to maintain the site

Out of curiosity, what resources do you need?  Maybe we can…"
9 hours ago
SweetPotato left a comment for Cherri D.
"Yes, I think so, but it's a custom design job. Please visit here for more information on likely cos…"
17 hours ago
Poppili replied to Poppili's discussion Is it true Ning doesn't convert 2.0 sites to 3.0 ?
"I would love to get your advice. I am now hiring a developer to develop additional features. Do you…"
21 hours ago
SSCLUB is now a member of 3.0 transition assistance
yesterday
Luke Jones replied to Fred Peters's discussion I can't run a social community like this!
"I feel exactly the same!!!

i think ning have died, their just waiting for someone to buy them our…"
yesterday
SSCLUB is now a member of How Did You Do That?
yesterday
More…