Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

We experienced an unplanned maintenance this afternoon that lasted for nearly two hours. We had a previous outage last week on Thanksgiving Day.

When outages occur, our on-call team takes action to resolve them quickly. We've long been proud to offer a consistently high uptime (99.9% so far in 2012), but these two outages do not line up with that high level of consistency. We just wanted to let you, our customers, know that we take this issue very seriously and intend to report back about any details we can share about the underlying issues involved.

Until that time, I wanted to let you know that we appear to be back up and running, that you can always follow along if you have any questions about the platform with the Ning Status blog, and that we will be following up with more information. We know that you take the performance of your Ning site seriously, and we want you to know that we do, too.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Thank you for your efforts

• I can feel the kindling of heat about to set this discussion on fire. glad everything is back online though :)
  • thank you eric et a l'quipe de maintenance kiss

• Hi Eric 

Thank you for doing the MAINTENANCE :)

• thank you-performance is back to what is was 3 hours ago--

• Thank God.. n thank NING...........we started breathing again...........

• Thanks for keeping us informed, and hope you don't get a backlash of complaints as these problems are very rare :)

• Well, we deserve a few complaints for this downtime, for sure. I know it was a big inconvenience for everyone. 

• whew....

Yes, same here, Shesh Dhar Tiwari, 

breathing deeply, and thankful for every breath.

Automated "we're sorry, ____ (name of site) is closed for maintenance" is surely not a sight any of us wish to see (even when planned and announced, but especially not when unplanned and unannounced). 

--

Do appreciate the prompt responses and updates here.

Do hope this will not become a frequent occurrence.

--

*unrelated FYI = also thanks for the FeverBee/Richard Millington webinar earlier today!

--

Question = sort of related to "We're back" = Is it safe to turn the Daily Digest feature/option back on for all members?

--

Thanks again for the prompt-as-possible return to service and communication,

Holly

• I'm still getting intermittant error messages.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

TJ @ jQueryHelp replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Saving Your Newsletters & Other Broadcast Messages While Keeping Them White Label
"Very nice tip; thanks FT!"
9 hours ago
TJ @ jQueryHelp replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"Hi Dixie,
Could you provide a link to a photo in one of your groups that I can check out?  I may be…"
12 hours ago
ceri shaw replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Can't beat a bit of philosophy imho :)
I forget who it was that opined that positivism entails pass…"
12 hours ago
CocteauBoy replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"STEVE WROTE: "....i find that true positive thinking is accepting the negative and dealing with it…"
15 hours ago
JFarrow is now a member of Creators Dashboard
17 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"No problem... i hope you get it sorted out.  Garfield is a whiz at the archiver.."
17 hours ago
steve replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Being into this sort of thing myself, i find that true positive thinking is accepting the negative…"
17 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"Thanks Garfield!
I just heard from Ning Support on my ticket an hour ago, and they re going to make…"
19 hours ago
Garfield Creator replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"Sorry to hear Strumelia. If it's still not working I may have a workaround solution for backing the…"
19 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Everyone has their own approach, including Ning and Glam.  I tend to take a simpler approach:  if I…"
21 hours ago
CocteauBoy replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"I like this suggestion, but there's a fine line between "positive thinking" and delusion. At this p…"
22 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

Why Ambiverts Make Great Community Managers http://ow.ly/AxrAv

Fire-Tech replied to Tyler Durbin's discussion 2.0 Sliders instructions?
"Yup. I have had / made a few in the past. They are always a pain... but their new one is painless.…"
yesterday
Tyler Durbin replied to Tyler Durbin's discussion 2.0 Sliders instructions?
"Thanks Fire, I see they are going to come out with a 2.0 version."
yesterday
Tyler Durbin replied to Tyler Durbin's discussion 2.0 Sliders instructions?
"Thanks Kos, I will look some more. "
yesterday
Tyler Durbin replied to Katie McKay's discussion I love my new slider!
"Definitely let us know!"
yesterday
Strumelia replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"I will try that next time- have to wait another 24 hrs now...   thank you!"
yesterday
JFarrow replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"i believe i set it to allow read/write permissions as it was only set to read"
yesterday
"JF-  thank you , I will try this next time then!   Can you please tell me what permissions/properti…"
yesterday
"I recieved that same error the other day.  I then logged out of archiver, reset the permissions/pro…"
yesterday
More…