The problem with the current Ning Groups design is:
- when reading inside a group forum it's very difficult for members to see if they are inside the main forum or inside a groups forum, and which group it is.
- The main info, group name, group logo etc. remains at the top of the page at all times.
- Choose between Latest Activity / Comments / Forum / Calendar / Photos / Movies inside the group.
- Latest Activity appear first at the front, with the other tabs as the options.
- When adding a photo or a movie to a group you have the check box option to also share the content in the main photo / movie library and here it is marked by a small group icon so members can tell this movie / photo was shared from a group and they can click their way through to that group.
- Under the Forum tab you navigate around inside the forum like today, except the top information never disappears.
• Phase 1: Redesign groups to this design, but only with the current elements (Comments & Forum)
• Phase 2: Add ever more features, one tab at a time with each update.
I love this idea... Kudos
It's got my vote. And YAY Calendar!
I expanded on the idea a little: latest activity, photos, movies etc.
Hi Hi Nice idea :)
Hop need more changes in platform :)
Expect this feature after 1 year :)
IDEA RAWKS!!!! Now only if it could be implemented
YES!!!!!!! This would be AMAZING!!!! The groups def need a makeover badly!!!
that would be great. i hope you gonna see something like this...
Is there anybody from NING working to improve really our Groups? I am very tired to waste time with Ning Groups, because their layout and possibilities are ver bad and poor. The ideas from Brian are excellent and I am afraid that now, with Joomla Social, Grou.ps and another social networks tools, we ( the Ning network creators) are loosing chances to improve our networks and the activities to our user. Please, NING take improvements to Groups as a priority NOW!!!