Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

gframe v11.5

Update May 5, 2016,
virtually every video on your network will now be fluent. Even Clicking through your comment and activity feed buttons your videos will remain perfectly fluent. I also removed the small gap between the video and the comments in the activity feed..

This js code targets all YouTube, Slideshare & Vimeo videos on your network and resizes them according to the columns/DIV width and the videos aspect ratio.

Click here to see the Activity feed more button and more comments buttons inaction. :-)

click here to view the js code

Main code

<!-- START GEOCOMs gframe v11.5, for YouTube, Slideshare & Vimeo Videos -->
    <!-- Custom Code - End of Page Code box -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="null//storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/935873?profile=original" id="gframe"></script>

Optional

If you would like to set a new max width just change the 100% in this line of code to whatever width you prefer. This code goes in your design studio CSS section

/*! GEOCOMs gframe set max width */
/*! Design studio CSS section */
.gframew {
     max-width:100%!important; }

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Nice work George :-) working fantastic and thanks for sharing this :-) 

Christmas is not far away so Merry Christmas to you and all your family and friends :-)

3238150?profile=original

• Thank you Dave :-) you have a very Merry Christmas as well. :-)

• This reply was deleted.
      • Thank you John, do you know of any other video, slideshow, radio or any other player that might be nice to have added to the script?

• I first started working on these codes using  FluidVids.js  I couldn't get anything from their download working but I got enough off that page to get this code going and I wrote quite a bit of code to enhance its functionality.

• Hello John :-)
      For the past couple hours I've been having trouble getting to any Ning network. Things not loading properly and such. It's all seem to be fine now so just try it again. And let me know if you have any problems. I have this code installed on eight networks with different themes and It's working just fine. They all have the design studio options.

• John, go ahead and leave that version in and add the plug-in I wrote for FluidVids.js.
          Or try Gframe v5 again. :-) It's very important that this code goes underneath the FluidVids code.

<!-- GEOCOMs gframew max-width plug-in for FluidVids.js -->
          <!-- Important this code must be underneath "FluidVids.js" -->
          <script type="text/javascript" src="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749928?profile=original"></script>

• Okay John the social channel player is now fluid.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, my familys Christmas get-together was yesterday..
      I did not add the code to the script because the script has already loaded and search for iframes before you load that player. So I cannot add it to that code but I did add it to my tip,,,,, (TIP N3) Fluid network enhancements for your profileCoverArea img, network header img, group Header image & Fluid Social Channels player

You can change the size of the video by changing the 750px in the CSS line of code

<!-- Start GEOCOMs Fluid Social Channels Video player  -->
      <!-- Custom Code - HEAD Code box -->
      <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/964749582?profile=original" />
      <!-- End Fluid Social Channels Video player -->

/*! GEOCOMs Social Channels set max width */
      /*! Design studio CSS section */
      DIV.feedListPagePlayer-source {
           max-width:750px!important; }

• That looks really nice, great job John.

What I ended up doing was adding a with of 75% instead of using a max-width, so people can still set their own max-width. So basically it's doing what your two codes are doing. :-) 

I'm using
          @media only screen and ( min-width:767px ){
          DIV.feedListPagePlayer-source {
               width:75%!important; }}

Instead of these two

@media only screen and ( min-width:767px ){
          DIV.feedListPagePlayer-source { max-width:75%!important; }}

@media only screen and ( max-width:767px ){
          DIV.feedListPagePlayer-source { max-width:700px!important; }}

I've updated my code in the other discussion :-) thanks John! ;)

• Great add to the videos. I may call Ning and ask if they need a programmer. My word, you have gotten this to happen in hardly any time.

God bless,

Jim

• LOL :-) thank you again Jim. I'm really hoping they integrate something like this into their networks. It would be nice if there was more options for it in their HTML editors. Such as positioning and a max-width. I can do it with CSS, but it should be integrated into the HTML editors.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…