Anyone having experience using Janrain to add other user login options to a Ning site?
The Instructions on Janrain or listed below, I have a mapped domain, so im confused on where to upload the files once created. Do I use file Manager, or is there another recommended method or location to add these files. If there is a NC for Hire, let me know.
Adding the Widget to a Website
Once the Janrain servers create your widget, you need to
- Choose an authentication method. You will need to create a Token URL page, or similar server page. This is a file on the web server that must hold your apiKey and the One-Time Token that the Janrain servers return to the widget
- Add your domain to a whitelist in the Dashboard, allowing Janrain to communicate with your newly installed widget.
To create a Token URL:
- Create a file named test_token.php. (Use a text editor to create the PHP file.) For the purposes of this guide, copy the example script located here and paste it in the test_token.php file: https://github.com/janrain/Janrain-Sample-Code/blob/master/php/rpx-...
- In the example script, you need an API key for authorization, that you can find at the bottom of your Dashboard home page. You will need to create a file somewhere on your web server that can be accessed by the HTTP server, but is not publicly available to the Internet. In this file paste in your API key, and save it. Update the string labeled “PATH_TO_API_KEY_FILE” to contain the absolute path to this file. (see Figure 6.)
- Move test_token.php to your web server, and place it in a public folder. Make a note of the URL of this file, as you will use it in the next section. (The location of your web server will vary, depending on your system and how you installed it. If you are unsure where your web server is located, on Windows or Macintosh, look for htdocs, or usr/<name>/sites; on Ubuntu, look for var/www.)