Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

This tip was inspired by Jacobs post on Creators about having the notifications bar added to members profile pages so here is a way to do that. Below is the code and also a couple of images to demo it. As it's a profile page I cannot add a link for you to see as they will not show up.

All the panels for the messages work exactly the same as if they where in the Ning bar and it all lays out nicely for mobiles to.

First we need a little custom code to move them, this code you add to your site&pages custom code end of page section.

<script>
//Add friend, email member user links to profile page
x$(document).ready(function(){
x$('.ningbar-userLinks.linkbar').appendTo('.profileCoverArea-frame');
});
</script>

Next we need a little CSS, I have added two options for this. One is just standard CSS without changing any of the links looks and the second is if you would like to make the icons and the red notification count a bit bigger.

Choose either one of the code block and add it to your design studio custom css section, just copy the code NOT the Option One Option Two text.

Option One

.profileCoverArea-frame .linkbar .ningbar-panel{ z-index:99999!important }

Option Two

.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-link .icon {
    font-size: 26px;
    height: 26px;
}
.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-countNotification {
font: normal bold 12px/12px sans-serif;
top: -7px;
right: -8px;
}

Demo Images

Placement Of Them

And here is the icons made bigger

UPDATED SECTION

This section of code is to replace the css above if you want all of your options in a line to the left of the page. In the demo images I just have the like button enabled but if you have all the social links enabled they will all line up still.

So here is all the css for this options ( don't forget to install the CUSTOM code above and then add this css )

@media only screen and (min-width:481px) and (max-width:645px){
.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-panel {
    left: 50%;
    margin-left: -21px;
}
.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-panel::before, .profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-panel::after {
    left: 14px;
}}
@media only screen and (min-width:645px) and (max-width:775px){
    right: 50%;
    margin-right: -21px;
}
.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-panel::before, .profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-panel::after {
    right: 14px;
}}
@media only screen and (min-width:775px){
    left: 50%;
    margin-left: -21px;
}
    left: 14px;
}}

@media only screen and (min-width:481px){
.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-link .icon {
    font-size: 26px;
    height: 26px;
}
.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-countNotification {
font: normal bold 12px/12px sans-serif;
top: -7px;
right: -8px;
}
.profileCoverArea-frame .ningbar-userLinks.linkbar{ float:left; margin-left:10px; margin-top:20px }
.profileCoverArea-frame .banner-footer, .profileCoverArea-frame .banner-actionsGroup{ float:left }
.profileCoverArea-frame .banner-footer, .profileCoverArea-frame .banner-actions{ float:left }
.profileCoverArea-frame .banner-socialActions{ margin-right:10px;   float:left }
.profileCoverArea-frame .optionsDropdown-list {right:auto }

}

Demo Images

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That looks great!
  • Hi john I can't login in to my website it sends me to a blank page. Can you help me with this? brainwavefusion.com
    • Hmm that's an interesting one. I had this happen to me some years back and had to get Ning to look into it as could not get in to my site to take a look. Not sure if you have setup your own custom domain but it was something I had done on that particular site and this is what caused the issue. Sorry can't be much of a help with this but looks like Ning will have to get in to take a look.

• Do you have a view counter for video views on post
    • Hi Dan, no sorry I don't but others may have like TJ who is great for that type of thing. By the way did you get your site sorted out ?

• Ok thanks! Will hit him up. And yes site is up and running. Thanks for asking.
        • That's great news your site is backup, any ideas what happened ?

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…