Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

This was asked by Dan Lee of how to fix the colour settings on the video list page, this issue I brought up some time ago that because of the default setting it would be an issue on darker themes and so we have this problem.

To fix this we need to add some css to change the colours. I have added some colours in the code below so you would need to change the colours to fit your site.

Here is a demo image of the change and a link to my site if you click it so you can see it live.

Here is a breakdown of each line and what part it belongs to

1. First line is the background colour of the box which has the links inside it. You can add a colour or set it to transparent so it takes on your sites background colour. To set it to transparent you just need to add that word instead of a colour ie: background-color{ transparent }
  2. This is the title of the video, we need to add a little padding so it does not go right up to the edges of the now coloured box
  3. This is the two lines below the title and again a little padding is required for them
  4. This line is the colour for the links inside the box. You can add a colour or use your sites default links colours you setup in the deisng studio. To use your default colours you just need to add inherit instead of a colour like this:  .videoListPage-metadata a{ color: inherit }
  5. This is the colour for the links when hovered over, again you can use inherit for this if you want.
  6. The very last line surrounded by /*  */ is if you want to use inherit rather than have the last tow line 4 and 5 you could just have one line for both. If you want to use this then remove the /* */ and not use lines 4 & 5

Here is the css and this goes in your design studio custom css code section, this css will also adjust your add content sections for the video ie Latest, Featured etc and also your group videos, so no need to add extra code for them.

/*VIDEO LIST PAGE METADATA*/
.videoListPage-metadata{ background-color:#63697b } /* background color of the box. Add colour or transparent */
.videoListPage-metaTitle{ padding:0px 4px } /* padding for the title */
.videoListPage-metadata .videoListPage-row{ padding:3px 6px } /* padding for the other two parts below */
.videoListPage-metadata a{ color: #e9e8c1 } /* colour of the links . You can use your own default settings by using inherit instead of adding a colour */
.videoListPage-metadata a:hover{ color: white } /* color of the links on hover. You can use your own default settings by using inherit instead of adding a colour */

/* .videoListPage-metadata a, .videoListPage-metadata a:hover{ color: inherit } */

Optional code to add small rounded corners at the bottom

If you go to my site you will notice the bottom two corners are slightly rounded, you can do this by adding this extra line of code

.videoListPage-metadata{ border-radius:0px 0px 4px 4px }

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
42 minutes ago
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
49 minutes ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
9 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
9 hours ago
Aase Lillian updated their profile
9 hours ago
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
9 hours ago
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion