Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I always welcome the Ning interface, granting loved the versatility, the easy customization.

A year ago I've been working a project to invest time and money (perucool.com).

I like and a lot of new updates and price ($ +100 monthly) is acceptable because it thought doing something "big".

However, I work my brand using ning services, which is perfect, but with the new policies, Ning brand will work using my services..

On the other hand you could previously avoid competition from intermediate knowledge and were unaware that the platform of your social network, now will be very easy to become competitive.

Nothing will prevent your competitors, acquire a Ning social network, hire a bulk email service and exclusive goodbye to your niche, competition for everywhere!.

Under these concepts, I was looking for alternatives and share them.

I share links require hosting.

platforms:

ire testing each if anyone has used any of these and not "worked" warning to avoid.

Excuse my English, I speak Spanish

+ Info:

http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/alternatives-to-ning-social-network?commentId=4244211%3AComment%3A1263720

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just took a look and emailed them to ask about importing members/content.  They replied very promptly as follows: "Yes you can import content but it's not automatic. It has to be done manually."  Yes we can import members for you. You just need to download them from your Ning's control panel.". I guess by the control panel" they mean the CSV spreadsheet.  

If they have a free trial I may investigate further ....

• Problem seems to be that we don't have the import option working from the Ning side anymore. I won't say we have been cut off but I am not pleased, many help tickets are being put in now. 

• This reply was deleted.
      • I just sent them a message and they responded within 20 minutes!  I wanted to know if "who's online" was available and it is.

• I had my reply too that quick Donna. I asked 3 questions: Can they import data from Ning? Yes they can. On their Terms of service they mentioned that they didn't allow audio / video streaming while advertising it on their features set. I complained about that and they said they will correct the mistake on their TOS because they offer the feature fully (Yes we can upload and share our music and videos). My last question was whether they accept payments via PayPal and Yes they do.

Except something else I did miss comes up, I guess this might be it for my two networks here. For the first time, I am beginning to feel like to migrate.

• John you may want to hop on over to excreators.com where this is being tested now someone has already worked member and data transfer but I believe they are taking their time just to make sure before anyone does the 30 day trial.

• I don't see socialsitecreator listed or discussed on excreators.com  Skye. Am I missing the link?

• I am a member there and I do not see it either.  I think SocialEngine is being tested, not socialsitecreator

• That's right Donna. I am a member there too.

I have updates from Socialsitecreator.com

They can migrate your current Ning members to their platform (that's free). But I was more interested in content migration and now they have confirmed that they can migrate ALL your Ning network content to their platform at a one time fee of $100 per site.

So we have the option of getting members to their platform and building new content or paying for all content to be moved.

• Since no one can find out anything about them, nor have we heard of them, can you tell us how you know about them?

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"Well I do believe this has been fixed now. Just added a video via an embed from youtube and the ima…"
10 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Videos Playing In Activity Feed, check it out on my site ( Updated: 25-04-17 )
"Thanks, will share it once I get a few little options finished like adding it's own comment contain…"
11 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Videos Playing In Activity Feed, check it out on my site ( Updated: 25-04-17 )
"Wow that is killer Jon!  How did you do that?"
11 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Erika Hoff Holmgren's discussion How do I edit my opening posts on the forum? Sticky options?
"To edit a post you first open it then in the top right before the +icon you will see a pencil icon,…"
13 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

#NINGread Blogging is an extremely inspiring activity, especially when you can make a buck with…

Kos replied to Thisisbully's discussion Chat is available on 3.0
"Well thank goodness for updating the servers b/c it worked perfectly all day.  I'm sooo happy!  Tha…"
18 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Thisisbully's discussion Chat is available on 3.0
"Hi there,
Only the server part has been updated by the admins so the performance could have increas…"
23 hours ago
Solveig Parekh Bock is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Steve C replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Thank you! That's how it was from 2009 to recently, but the system must have reset it and I forgot…"
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"When is this going to be fixed? Been a while now as it's not just the image not displaying ( by the…"
yesterday
Kos replied to Thisisbully's discussion Chat is available on 3.0
"Kryrl I could be speaking too soon (hope not!) but it appears someone did something b/c Chat is now…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi Steve,
We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing such an issue but you can control the orde…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Ian's discussion Side Backgound Image keeps shrinking and orienting left & animated gif header isn't working
"Hi there,
We are sorry for the inconveniences, and yes you are right this issue isn't connected wit…"
yesterday
Oleksii is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Steve C replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"I'm having a HUGE problem with blog comments on my Ning 2 site. It used to be that blog comments po…"
Monday
Ning via Facebook

#inspirewithNING #success Explore new horizons with NING and NING Creators Network! Find your…

Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Videos Playing In Activity Feed, check it out on my site ( Updated: 25-04-17 )
"Would be interested to hear if anyone has tried this and encountered any problems. Works fine for m…"
Friday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Annabel Gregory's discussion Events on Ning3
"Glad to help for a temporary fix until Ning adds this option. By the way if you want to see it work…"
Friday
Annabel Gregory replied to Annabel Gregory's discussion Events on Ning3
"Thanks, John - I will try your tip. I do hope Ning will make this unnecessary soon, though!"
Friday
Annabel Gregory replied to Annabel Gregory's discussion Events on Ning3
"Thank you, Kyryl, I look forward to hearing from you."
Friday
More…