Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I always welcome the Ning interface, granting loved the versatility, the easy customization.

A year ago I've been working a project to invest time and money (perucool.com).

I like and a lot of new updates and price ($ +100 monthly) is acceptable because it thought doing something "big".

However, I work my brand using ning services, which is perfect, but with the new policies, Ning brand will work using my services..

On the other hand you could previously avoid competition from intermediate knowledge and were unaware that the platform of your social network, now will be very easy to become competitive.

Nothing will prevent your competitors, acquire a Ning social network, hire a bulk email service and exclusive goodbye to your niche, competition for everywhere!.

Under these concepts, I was looking for alternatives and share them.

I share links require hosting.

platforms:

ire testing each if anyone has used any of these and not "worked" warning to avoid.

Excuse my English, I speak Spanish

+ Info:

http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/alternatives-to-ning-social-network?commentId=4244211%3AComment%3A1263720

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I just took a look and emailed them to ask about importing members/content.  They replied very promptly as follows: "Yes you can import content but it's not automatic. It has to be done manually."  Yes we can import members for you. You just need to download them from your Ning's control panel.". I guess by the control panel" they mean the CSV spreadsheet.  

If they have a free trial I may investigate further ....

• Problem seems to be that we don't have the import option working from the Ning side anymore. I won't say we have been cut off but I am not pleased, many help tickets are being put in now. 

• This reply was deleted.
      • I just sent them a message and they responded within 20 minutes!  I wanted to know if "who's online" was available and it is.

• I had my reply too that quick Donna. I asked 3 questions: Can they import data from Ning? Yes they can. On their Terms of service they mentioned that they didn't allow audio / video streaming while advertising it on their features set. I complained about that and they said they will correct the mistake on their TOS because they offer the feature fully (Yes we can upload and share our music and videos). My last question was whether they accept payments via PayPal and Yes they do.

Except something else I did miss comes up, I guess this might be it for my two networks here. For the first time, I am beginning to feel like to migrate.

• John you may want to hop on over to excreators.com where this is being tested now someone has already worked member and data transfer but I believe they are taking their time just to make sure before anyone does the 30 day trial.

• I don't see socialsitecreator listed or discussed on excreators.com  Skye. Am I missing the link?

• I am a member there and I do not see it either.  I think SocialEngine is being tested, not socialsitecreator

• That's right Donna. I am a member there too.

I have updates from Socialsitecreator.com

They can migrate your current Ning members to their platform (that's free). But I was more interested in content migration and now they have confirmed that they can migrate ALL your Ning network content to their platform at a one time fee of $100 per site.

So we have the option of getting members to their platform and building new content or paying for all content to be moved.

• Since no one can find out anything about them, nor have we heard of them, can you tell us how you know about them?

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kevin Acosta replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Yeah, well please pass along to the programmers in charge of such decisions that this new "feature"…"
1 hour ago
Ning via Facebook

#createwithNING Each online community is unique and special. What`s YOUR secret of network…

Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi Stanislav,
I do apologise for the misunderstanding. It seems that my colleague has decided that…"
16 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Hi there!
The same question has been mentioned in this discussion http://creators.ning.com/forum/to…"
16 hours ago
Sherry Ritchie and James joined Ning Creators Social Network
16 hours ago
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Kyryl, here is my ticket log with Anastasia, from which I understood I need to create new page and…"
17 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Thanks for the response Kyryl, but based on Ning's history of not launching things on time, I can't…"
18 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Naveen, please tell me more. Were you able to integrate Stripe with your Ning site in a way that re…"
18 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Well, even the FULL SIZE 38.5" x 36" poster that I attache was scaled down, so now that doesn't eve…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Hi there,
We plan to initially release the PaidAccess for Ning 3.0 with PayPal and credit card supp…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Naveen Jain's discussion Wiki like functionality in Ning
"Hi there!
Unfortunately, we don't have the module on our platform that would be working in the way…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi there!
Thanks for the question.
No, you don't have to create the new network each time the new f…"
yesterday
Matt replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Good point, Stripe is awesome. "
yesterday
ASDKFljflkj is now a member of Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
Alliance replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"Thanks so much for this help things look sooooo much better now."
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"You could also try this which I have on my site just now for testing. This will adjust the avatar s…"
Sunday
"As matrix items are shared with other parts of the network if you add that then this would affect t…"
Sunday
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi, I'm waiting you to implement all new features to the Network in Q2 and want to start my network…"
Sunday
Alliance replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"Thank you 
Right now I have a big space between each item. Following that same logic, the container…"
Sunday
"You can adjust the avatar sizes with this, just change the width to the size required.
.section-mem…"
Saturday
More…