Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Replies

• Some have had better luck, some less. That sounds like a decent number to me. I know that others have had a similar experience

• sounds good i get on average 8 sign up a day now

• I have the same numbers in my network, 5 months and 740 members.
  • ppfffttt! I've been on Ning for like 6-7 months. Only sitting at like 70 members. Advertise like a Mo Fo too. All I do is struggle to get noticed, and get people to sign up. When I directly invite photographers, they almost always join, my current members LOVE the network, and they are mostly addicted.

How the heck you guys have managed 700 members in under a year blows my mind, and I feel like you all know some secret, that I'm not allowed to know.

I'm just trying to hit 100 members, so that paying $60/month doesn't feel like a burden. I make like 2 cents a day with adsense. It's ridiculous.

Maybe it's my SEO. maybe it's my keywords. It's not my "subject" or "content" because I've been told many times I have something very unique (there are many things not Ning related that I am/have incorporated into my network.)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, and I don't know how you all are getting this many members so quickly.

Then again, perhaps 500 of your 700 members never return, and aren't frequent users?

Someday, somebody will hear my plea, and help me get my "business" off the ground. At this rate, it will be 5 years before I reach 700 members. Hardly worth continuing. I want to stick with it, but everyone wants their own sites to succeed, so I feel that reaching out for this type of help is futile. Oh well, good for you, and your 700+ members. Congrats... wish I had that bragging right.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Donna Mac replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Haaaaaaa!"
2 hours ago
Anam replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"No, He's a Yam ;p (sorry..sorry..couldn't resist :D)

thanks for the link to the other thread..i pr…"
2 hours ago
Donna Mac replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"I totally had not seen this.  Thanks for pointing this out!!  On a side note...is that photo of you…"
2 hours ago
Berura replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"I just now received this email from Ning:
Dustin (Ning Help Center)
Mar 2, 9:27 AM
Hi,
Thank you fo…"
2 hours ago
SweetPotato replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Not sure if you read this thread, Donna
http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/ning-3-0-2-0-update-a…"
2 hours ago
Thiago Santos de Moraes replied to Luke Jones's discussion Is there a way to make money with my Ning without using Ad's ?
"As k for donations from the members."
3 hours ago
"Three months ago I asked NING when I would be required to migrate to 3.0 and was informed there is…"
3 hours ago
Berura replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"When is the deadline, I can get no answers from Ning about this.  I have tried to find out anything…"
3 hours ago
dave replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion Tip any network.. Graphical loader interface. Hide your ugly bounce rate.
"This is Fantastic and one of the best Tips i have seen since the beginning of Ning 2 I Love it and…"
16 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Strumelia's discussion How can I get RID of all blogs on my 2.0 ?
"P.S. I was always under the impression that we had the option of offering member blogs or not on ou…"
19 hours ago
ANGE.L LUAR left a comment for Thiago Santos de Moraes
"Amigo Tiago  pus este 
https://www.spot.im/spots/new#create-top  ;
que vc me indicou estou fazendo t…"
21 hours ago
ANGE.L LUAR is now a member of Ning Powered Events
23 hours ago
Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion a quick question
"Hey John :) Just a quick question, to see if you've possibly found that code yet ? :) Sorry to seem…"
yesterday
Luke Jones replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion Tip any network.. Graphical loader interface. Hide your ugly bounce rate.
"Hey George :) Hope your ok ? :) I told you the other day, that I wasn't going to use one of these a…"
yesterday
Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion Hopefully we'll have a music player and other stuff soon :)
"Ah right :) 
Well I've asked them for all of them, and they said their working on them and will rel…"
yesterday
Kos replied to Crystal Walters's discussion Member list bug
"and do not forget to do a "hard refresh" when viewing changes.  It bypasses what has been stored vi…"
Saturday
Strumelia replied to Luke Jones's discussion Hopefully we'll have a music player and other stuff soon :)
"I'm just about to add CometChat to my JamRoom network.  "
Saturday
Calico replied to Thiago Santos de Moraes's discussion Exemplos de comunidades inspiradoras usando o Ning 3.0 in Criadores Brasileiros - Brazilian Creators
"Perfect !!!!!
Consegui colocar o SKYSA mas eles cobram o Chat e a página fica um pouco pesada. Esto…"
Saturday
Calico replied to Thiago Santos de Moraes's discussion Exemplos de comunidades inspiradoras usando o Ning 3.0 in Criadores Brasileiros - Brazilian Creators
"OK"
Saturday
Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion Just a quick question
"I'm glad a Member to :)  Ah right :/ ,  Awesome, thank you :) aha ah right :)  Thank you :) best w…"
Saturday
More…