Hello,

I'm looking to add a custom Countdown Clock to my community's homepage (a private community for our customers). Does anyone have any suggestions for a reliable app/website that overs professional-looking custom clocks? The main feature I'm looking for is the ability to customize the background

Here's an example:

Thanks in advance for your help/time,
Allison

Tags: app, clock, how, ning, to

Views: 295

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Allison! Other folks might have better suggestions, but if it helps, the countdown clock that is currently on the Main Page of Creators is made with Flash. I purchased it for $7. It's pretty nice. I think that's a fair price to pay for an unbranded clock. All the free ones are probably going to have some sort of logo on them.

It takes a little bit of Flash knowledge to make the changes to one of these. Basically, you have to be able to go in and change the settings. I got mine here. Some of these kinds of timers use Javascript, but the prettier ones are Flash-based.

Hope this helps!
So I downloaded a flash countdown timer, which looks great, however I am not able to upload it along with the XML file which references the date it is counting down towards...any ideas how I can save the swf file with the xml file in same folder location in Ning?

Andrew
Just FYI - I asked the community about their thoughts on this here: http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/how-to-save-a-file-with

Sounds like I will not see my $8 worth - in other words $8 is not worth potentially seeing parts of my network inaccessible.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

NC for Hire
JFarrow replied to John Bizley's discussion 'Has anyone else considered using a tab container for help files ?'
"this tip is infinitely useful to NCs John .. I've been doing something similar, but instead of…"
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"category nav seems fixed  but custom page module still screwy but..great job on a very speredy…"
1 hour ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
4 hours ago
"same on all sites its a bug"
4 hours ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Hi Riccardo I see no navegation on your network"
4 hours ago
Aaron replied to Rainer Glaap's discussion 'Heartbleed, MITM - Security Issues'
"Thanks for bringing this up! As Rainer mentioned, Ning.com wasn't vulnerable to the Heartbleed…"
4 hours ago
Khatlen Guse replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hi Stig! My feed its ok now! :) I hope that your is ok too."
5 hours ago
"id use that but to be safe make sure theres no copywrite on the pentaprism and if there is it…"
5 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service