Hi there,

one of my members added a video from Google Video - BBC - The Life of Buddha - because he took part to realize the sound track for this video.

The result is curious ... the EMBED code doesn't work.

So I checked out the HTML and saw that the string:

src=http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docid=674137804682825856&hl=de&fs=true style=width:400px;height:326px allowFullScreen=true allowScriptAccess=always type=application/x-shockwave-flash

had no "..."

... so i added this and I could add the video to my network

My question is now: Do Ning not support Videos from Google or has this HTML a bug and I have to report it on Google? I post it here because in a normal website the orginal HTML Code works.

What to do?

Tags: google, video

Views: 106

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Phil,

The Google video embed code I suggested using (which worked at one time) is no longer working on NING. NING really needs to get the Google video embed code sorted for NING creators. This problem has existed far, far too long now.

Surely there is somone working for NING who can get this problem sorted out. It's niether right or fair to expect creators themselves to sort these issues, when we are paying a lot of money each month now for using NING Pro.

Thank you,

Alex

www.in-christjesus.net

Well, things seem to be going wrong for videos all around today, Alexander.

This is happening to me too. Any solution coming by?

This is the code you need to be able to embed Google Videos.

Simply replace the numbers underlined below with the ones on the video you want to embed. Be sure to remove the underlining before pasting.

See attached Word file.

Attachments:
Where are you guys finding Google videos? I go to video.google.com and see nothing but links to videos hosted elsewhere?
Search at google.com for videos. It will give you results from Video Hosts including videos hosted at Google.
Thanks Rafael. Google is my home page and I use practically everything Google, hadn't noticed they have done a way with the Google Video landing page that used to have nothing but Google videos. =(

This is the code you need to be able to embed Google Videos.

Simply replace the numbers underlined below with the ones on the video you want to embed. Be sure to remove the underlining before pasting.

See attached Word file.

Attachments:

Even the code I suggested using is no longer being allowed on NING... NING need to get the Google videos embed code sorted for NING creators. This issue has been going on far, far too long.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

ceri shaw replied to ceri shaw's discussion 'Group Cover CSS?'
"Great!!! Plenty of ideas to play with, thanks again.....now all I have to do is find one…"
1 hour ago
Randy L. Vollett replied to ceri shaw's discussion 'Group Cover CSS?'
"Your welcome. This would look good with your cover. I added a padding so that the text does not…"
2 hours ago
"Background color makes a huuuuuge differenc.....might make it a lighter color though."
2 hours ago
"Once again many thanks....made it bold white 22px times new roman....looks fine now :)"
2 hours ago
"I just noticed you are using the Courier New Font. If you want a background color you can try…"
2 hours ago
".groupHeader-groupName {font-family: 'book antique';font-size: 20px;color: black;}Look at…"
3 hours ago
"Basically I want to enlarge the text on the group cover photos as in the example below in order to…"
3 hours ago
"You can change the text size in Design Studio. Is there a specific text you want to target?"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service