Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I wanted to update you about a change to our Ning Plus and Pro prices. We’re publishing this announcement in a number of places, including www.ning.com, your network Dashboard, and via email, but I know many of you get your news on Creators, so we are sharing it here.

Beginning on July 20, 2011, we’ll update the price for Ning Plus and Ning Pro subscriptions. You will be billed automatically so no action is required.  Your first invoice after July 20 (when your current monthly or annual subscription renews) will reflect this pricing.

The new pricing will be:

I know that pricing is top of mind for many Network Creators today. Last July we phased out our free service in order to focus 100% of the company on enhancing the features and services we offer our paying Ning Creators.  Since then, we’ve launched more than 30 powerful new features, including the Ning Design Studio, Social Sign-in, Leaderboards, Like Buttons and Ning Everywhere.  Just last week, we announced Paid Access, which will enable you to charge for membership, exclusive Groups or content.  We’ve made numerous enhancements to existing features, including the recent improvements to Groups and the Activity Feed.  We’ve made major investments in improved platform performance and, as a result, delivered 99.99% uptime in the last 6 months.  And we expanded customer support, adding billing phone support for all customers and dedicated phone support for Ning Pro customers.

We’ve made major investments over the past year, and as a result, your subscription is more valuable than it was a year ago.  You can deliver a richer experience for your members, you can drive even faster growth and member engagement, and starting next month, you can begin charging your members in a variety of ways.  And we’re already hard at work on adding more features and services with one goal in mind – helping Ning Creators to create thriving communities.  

I recognize that some of you will have concerns about this pricing change.  My hope is that you’ll recognize the same value we see in Ning every day, and that you’ll be as excited as we are about what we will accomplish going forward.

Of course, we’re always interested in hearing what you think, and one of the things I enjoy most about Creators is that you always let us know how you are feeling.  We’ve also set up a phone number for anyone who has questions about this upcoming change. I encourage you to give us a ring at 888-278-4386 if you are located in the U.S. or Canada, or 650-713-3158 if you are located outside of these countries. We’ll try to answer any questions you may have about this upcoming change. 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• you're kidding me?

switching to Plus plan right away.

• Why are we not able to switch to Plus from Pro ourself anymore?

Why the change?

• Dzemil,

Please call us at the new Ning Pro phone support number and we will be happy to help you.  You can find the number by clicking on the "Support" link at the bottom left of your network dashboard and then clicking "Contact Support".

Thanks,

John

• I don't own a phone. Can I do this thru email? i already submitted my ticket.
        • Dzemil, what's your ticket number? Let me know and we'll follow up.
      • I'm from Brazil and has no way to call the number for you. What do I do?
        • Hey, Marcs. What is your ticket number? Garnor and I are still waiting to get that from you. We're happy to help. Just let us know.
  • Well, I understand why Ning is dong this.  Lucky, my site earns enough money to take care of itself.
    • I need to get on that level. but this is unnacceptable
This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Chris Richards replied to John Bizley's discussion A few tweaks I made to my activity feed
"excellent.. very nice John!"
4 minutes ago
John Bizley replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Status Update Box Tweaks
"Here's mine FT
.status-container{ background-color: lightgray;background-image: linear-gradient(sl…"
11 minutes ago
JFarrow replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Status Update Box Tweaks
"nice one FT!"
56 minutes ago
Asil replied to Asil's discussion Photo Slideshows Fail in NING 2.0
"[Here is the reply I received from NING Support.]
Joanna (Ning Help Center)
Jul 30 01:15 PM
After t…"
1 hour ago
Thisisbully replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"everything on my feeds work fine twitter feeds rss from other sites and its very resonsive it shows…"
1 hour ago
John Bizley replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"The activity feed is cropping posted photos so heads are getting cut of because it's cropping squar…"
1 hour ago
Patrick EMIN is now a member of Ning Powered Events
1 hour ago
Natalie H. replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Just received this reply in response to my ticket.

"Thank you for getting in touch with our team.…"
1 hour ago
Julie replied to PeruCool's discussion Alternatives to Ning social network
"Anyone go to wordpress/buddypress? I just read back about 10 pages, but I wasn't able to go back fa…"
2 hours ago
Writer Chick {Diane} replied to C.Brickhouse's discussion Be Kind
"Is this a 2.0 or a 3.0?  
Whichever, it looks amazing!! I don't see where it "needs a lot of work"…"
2 hours ago
Anam replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"That actually would be fabulous. let people choose whether they want to have it visible in Settings…"
3 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"I agree Anam that yes there should be a way to see these comments from the comment walls to make mo…"
3 hours ago
Anam replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"That would be acceptable. I see your point. But if we have to wait as long as we have waited for th…"
3 hours ago
"What I meant by this Anam was for a group to have it's very own activity feed, ie no other content…"
3 hours ago
"Yes, i can see your point John. And I would accept if an activity feed was limited to each group. B…"
3 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Status Update Box Tweaks
"Very good FT, I have a few tips for it also so will pop a post on for them. Looks nice though, keep…"
3 hours ago
"Anam I do not mind the comments from a groups comment wall not showing up as for me, my opinion so…"
3 hours ago
Edie2k2 replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Could I see your 3.0 Thiago?"
3 hours ago
Anthony "DarkGemineye" Johnson replied to Anthony "DarkGemineye" Johnson's discussion PlayStation Haven is back. Let me know what you think.
"Thank you much appreciated :)"
3 hours ago
"But Discussions posted in groups DO show up on new Latest Activity feed. Just not Comments on the G…"
3 hours ago
More…