Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

I wanted to update you about a change to our Ning Plus and Pro prices. We’re publishing this announcement in a number of places, including www.ning.com, your network Dashboard, and via email, but I know many of you get your news on Creators, so we are sharing it here.

Beginning on July 20, 2011, we’ll update the price for Ning Plus and Ning Pro subscriptions. You will be billed automatically so no action is required.  Your first invoice after July 20 (when your current monthly or annual subscription renews) will reflect this pricing.

The new pricing will be:

I know that pricing is top of mind for many Network Creators today. Last July we phased out our free service in order to focus 100% of the company on enhancing the features and services we offer our paying Ning Creators.  Since then, we’ve launched more than 30 powerful new features, including the Ning Design Studio, Social Sign-in, Leaderboards, Like Buttons and Ning Everywhere.  Just last week, we announced Paid Access, which will enable you to charge for membership, exclusive Groups or content.  We’ve made numerous enhancements to existing features, including the recent improvements to Groups and the Activity Feed.  We’ve made major investments in improved platform performance and, as a result, delivered 99.99% uptime in the last 6 months.  And we expanded customer support, adding billing phone support for all customers and dedicated phone support for Ning Pro customers.

We’ve made major investments over the past year, and as a result, your subscription is more valuable than it was a year ago.  You can deliver a richer experience for your members, you can drive even faster growth and member engagement, and starting next month, you can begin charging your members in a variety of ways.  And we’re already hard at work on adding more features and services with one goal in mind – helping Ning Creators to create thriving communities.  

I recognize that some of you will have concerns about this pricing change.  My hope is that you’ll recognize the same value we see in Ning every day, and that you’ll be as excited as we are about what we will accomplish going forward.

Of course, we’re always interested in hearing what you think, and one of the things I enjoy most about Creators is that you always let us know how you are feeling.  We’ve also set up a phone number for anyone who has questions about this upcoming change. I encourage you to give us a ring at 888-278-4386 if you are located in the U.S. or Canada, or 650-713-3158 if you are located outside of these countries. We’ll try to answer any questions you may have about this upcoming change. 

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• you're kidding me?

switching to Plus plan right away.

• Why are we not able to switch to Plus from Pro ourself anymore?

Why the change?

• Dzemil,

Please call us at the new Ning Pro phone support number and we will be happy to help you.  You can find the number by clicking on the "Support" link at the bottom left of your network dashboard and then clicking "Contact Support".

Thanks,

John

• I don't own a phone. Can I do this thru email? i already submitted my ticket.
        • Dzemil, what's your ticket number? Let me know and we'll follow up.
      • I'm from Brazil and has no way to call the number for you. What do I do?
        • Hey, Marcs. What is your ticket number? Garnor and I are still waiting to get that from you. We're happy to help. Just let us know.
  • Well, I understand why Ning is dong this.  Lucky, my site earns enough money to take care of itself.
    • I need to get on that level. but this is unnacceptable
This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

George H. Compton IV replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Thank you TJ, Jen and other NCs!
""
10 hours ago
Katie McKay replied to Bernard Lama's discussion Thank you TJ, Jen and other NCs!
"Agree!"
11 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to soaringeagle's discussion mobile traffic reaches new high and no 3.0 completion date in sight
"Hello seoaringeagle :-)  fullwidth responsive Ning 2.0 network. That's what I'm working on right n…"
13 hours ago
Kos replied to Heather Ales's discussion How to center group images in Group Hub
"Oh cool.  I had worried a/b how it would appear oh phone when it needs to be responsive (had just p…"
13 hours ago
Heather Ales replied to Heather Ales's discussion How to center group images in Group Hub
"That worked perfectly! Thank you!!"
14 hours ago
Kos replied to Heather Ales's discussion How to center group images in Group Hub
"Heather try this (you might need to adjust the 242 up or down) although centering the actual "table…"
14 hours ago
Jamie Baker replied to Jamie Baker's discussion Ning 3.0 Tips, Tools and more.
"Cheers John, A few members creeping in now."
15 hours ago
Heather Ales is now a member of Creators Dashboard
15 hours ago
Heather Ales replied to John Bizley's discussion Page Navigation, Categories & Groups Navigation Tabs Customize
"Thanks John!!"
16 hours ago
Laura Occhipinti replied to Rowald's discussion Site host name, https://network.com, does not match your SSL certificate Subject Name
"Rowald - Did you end up doing nothing about this or did you make some changes?"
17 hours ago
John Bizley replied to John Bizley's discussion Page Navigation, Categories & Groups Navigation Tabs Customize
"Hi Heather
 Yes you are correct. The part you are trying to style is this section /**** Sub Nav Cod…"
20 hours ago
Heather Ales replied to John Bizley's discussion Page Navigation, Categories & Groups Navigation Tabs Customize
"John, 
Would that be the coding to change the tabs on the group hub? Would they be considered "Subn…"
23 hours ago
Bernard Lama replied to Elson Tan's discussion [3.0 MOD] Quick Login for 3.0!
"Hi Elson, when  I click on Sign Up it is going to http://MYSITE.com/+%20getsignup%20+
Can you help?"
yesterday
True Love Josie replied to True Love Josie's discussion Critique My 3.0 Site
"Thank you! I use www.como.com It took sometime to make the changes to my app because I had it setup…"
yesterday
"Thanks :)"
yesterday
"Thank you!"
yesterday
"Thanks! I'll look into it."
yesterday
Fire-Tech replied to soaringeagle's discussion mobile traffic reaches new high and no 3.0 completion date in sight
"Got it. Thanks my friend ;)"
yesterday
Rowald replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"LOLSS :_))"
yesterday
Rowald replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"At least we can count on him.."
yesterday
More…