Hi Everyone,
This is not a compliant but just a question. I was looking at my chat room this morning and I saw my members complaining about not being able to talk more and they even compared the site to Imesh or bearshare . My question is, when are we going to have an upgrade to the chat room or are we ever going to see some changes? Because, we need to keep people on the site. I can't afford to drive my members away because of simple thing as a chat room. Here are my suggestions: We should have a chat room with standard features like ability to use videos, listen to music, have more emotional features, like the smiling faces. Right now, the chat room is too flat and very boring, when for God seek are we going to start seeing something meaningful and more professionally looking Chat room. Look at yahoo chat room, Imesh chat room, Skype and many other chat rooms they are 100% different from what we currently have not on Ning.
Chat room should be fun place, just like in our homes, we have places designated for fun and play. Does any one have any information about when or if we should be expecting and upgraded soon?

Views: 61

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I asked this question a LONG time ago Andy, just before I was pondering adding a Skysa bar to my site. Eric told me specifically that there were NO immediate plans to update the chat function. And that was it.

So...I went out and got myself a free Skysa bar. Is it perfect? No...it's in beta and does have some bugs occasionally, but at least I have another option for when the Ning chat is acting freaky weird. When that happens, we all move over to the Skysa room. It has colored text and smilies, different fonts, etc.

It has video and audio capabilities, but the lag time can be a pain. (And I'm using DSL, too!)
Does the SKYSA bar work on mobile platforms or something like an iPad?
Thanks for the reply. I will also see if I can get someone to design what I want before Ning decide to come out with there's. Only God know when that would be. Things are changes fast around us, everywhere in the world sites designers are coming up with eye catching or eye popping site that are unbelievable. Ning ENGINEERS NEED TO REALLY, AND HONESTLY NEED TO SCREECH THEIR IMAGINATION BEYOND WHAT THEY ARE CURRENTLY DOING NOW. I am keeping my fingers cross to see what they are coming up with on Aug 20, or 21; the new features they've being talking about. About membership subscription, HD video capability, and many more. I know they are coming out in rolls but only God knows when. I just hope these features are not going to be dragged till next year? This will be a disaster for me, because my members are already comparing my site to bearshare( imesh), they believe it's better because of other features. To be honest, I think these guys, Ning engineers are too slow, they are limiting their abilities, or maybe they are not brave enough to do crazy stuff, that is, design really eye popping designs. Well, time will tell.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

francesco pillinini replied to francesco pillinini's discussion '3rd Party Integration > Facebook'
"I Have Sorted this out Now!!Closed OutComing out or coming out of the closet, publicly revealing…"
24 minutes ago
Kos replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Petition: please Ning, give us a "white label" plan'
"Although my instinct tells me Ning's TOS would still apply, I do think a white label plan…"
44 minutes ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Mary Jane Peterson's discussion 'adding friends'
"I know in 2.0 the limit for members is 100 and for 3.0 its probably the same not sure. In the admin…"
1 hour ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Suggestion for a better navigation'
"I like that idea!"
1 hour ago
Alexander replied to Alexander's discussion 'Goodbye for now.'
"We are now moved HERE. Lots yet to do, but getting there slowly!"
1 hour ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Petition: please Ning, give us a "white label" plan'
"I'm with you 100% in white label support."
1 hour ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Petition: please Ning, give us a "white label" plan'
"I'm talking customization, not just the footer, the header, background images, if those were…"
1 hour ago
"What service is better for petitions change.org or any other site? Stuff that let's have one…"
1 hour ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service