Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

You can make a really nice member directory from your exported Members Data, but it requires quite a few steps. Mostly because(If you've worked with that CSV or spreadsheet data you know that) the member profile avatars are not provided in the member export.  So you must get these by building a scraper with a tool like import.io.

The Short Version

The first steps are similar to those when making a member map, as shown  in my previous Member Map Making tips.  Export your member data and pull it into Google Spreadsheets.  Then run scraper to get profile photos. Add them to the sheet in a new column, Apply a cards layout from Awesome Table to the sheet along with some custom CSS.  Then you embed it whereever you like.  Filters are customizable too.

Member directories can come in many shapes and sizes. You or I can make this anyway you like.  Is something like this of any interest to you guys?  If so, I could either offer it as a service or explain the long version.  

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This looks very interesting to me...

• NC for Hire

thanks Martin... its medium difficulty to set up and super simple to update..

• contact me please, I could be interested in asking you to help on this!

• This looks intriguing to me as well!

• This is pretty cool, I'd love to try to do it because it will give us the chance to learn something cool both for scraper, Awesome, etc.. Are you planning to make a tutorial for it?

• NC for Hire

Thanks Giovanni!

I may have to break it down into a couple of separate tutorials, but I will try to put that together after the 25th...for sure..

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kos replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Enhance Your Social Channels Player ( All code I have used on my site )
"I wonder if Ning is taking notes.  *lol*   Thanks John!"
1 hour ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to David's discussion When are cancelled sites deleted?
"Hi David,
Your network right now is on pending cancellation. The page that you can see at the momen…"
7 hours ago
Kos replied to Diane Chojnowski's discussion Need help using CSS to change group owner
"That's fantastic!  That's the nice thing a/b having Creators here.  Sometimes it helps to just brai…"
8 hours ago
Thisisbully replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why I Have Been Adding A Lot Of Photos To My Site
"Nice finally"
9 hours ago
Diane Chojnowski replied to Diane Chojnowski's discussion Need help using CSS to change group owner
"Thanks Jen for your brainstorming. We were able to fix the problem with a work-around.
We had the o…"
10 hours ago
Tommy Gene and Kirsten Izatt joined Ning Creators Network
16 hours ago
Porter Davis is now a member of Tips and advice.
yesterday
Porter Davis is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Kate Ning Support replied to complience's discussion Ning Woahs.. My events have vanished
"Hi!We are sorry for delayed reply!This issue is still being investigated,our tech team is fighting…"
yesterday
complience replied to complience's discussion Ning Woahs.. My events have vanished
"I raised a support ticket with Ning about this, got precisely nowhere so recreated my events.
Howev…"
yesterday
Kos replied to Sheila Hollinger's discussion NING Newb Q.
"Yeah, no.  It's got to be something else.  I now have removed all CSS from the site, did a hard ref…"
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Winter Wong's discussion Tapatalk for Ning app is now available on iPhone App Store
"are you no longer supporting Ning for Tapatalk?"
Saturday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Sheila Hollinger's discussion NING Newb Q.
"Hi Kos
What is messing up your photos in the member profile page is the flex slider code which is n…"
Saturday
"Kyryl I may have to.  We'll see."
Saturday
"Well this is screwy.  I 'disabled' all my CSS (theme and global) and removed my lower custom code. …"
Saturday
Anam replied to Kos's discussion Trouble With Cometchat or Just Me?
"Edit..I got private message. Sorry if I was a bit grumpy earlier. it's not your fault the product i…"
Saturday
CometChat replied to Kos's discussion Trouble With Cometchat or Just Me?
"Hello,
I have informed the team regarding the issues as well as your suggestions. I have also sent…"
Saturday
CometChat replied to Kos's discussion Trouble With Cometchat or Just Me?
"Hello,
We are constantly working on improving the look and feel of CometChat. Based on the feedback…"
Saturday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Sheila Hollinger's discussion NING Newb Q.
"Hi John,
I have just run the test on my test network and it was fine. However if you are experienci…"
Saturday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Sheila Hollinger's discussion NING Newb Q.
"Hi Sheila,You are totally right it would be easier to upload the photos from that tabs as well. I h…"
Saturday
More…