This is a quick tip for those of you who are focusing on member engagement. When you feature a particular piece of content such as a photos, discussion, video or blog post, the member who posted it receives an email with the following subject line:
Your Blog post Was Featured on "Whatever Network"
This is dull. Go to your language editor and pick a language > then search for the words "was just featured" without the quotes. You'll get several fields that you can edit. For example, you might like to add "Congratulations to the front of all of those or "You're Da Bomb"...you get my drift...
BONUS TIP: You know that you can "Stop Featuring" something and then RE-feature it right? just make sure a lot of time has passed otherwise you'll make your members confused or mad.
A great tip, we'd like to elaborate on the importance of customizing your outgoing messages, each "CONGRATS YOU ARE SPECIAL!" type email is a great chance to suck people back in strong. Here is ours for a featured photo, which is at the core of our network:
CONGRATULATIONS! Your photo "Lauren Luck by Edson Carlos" was selected to be featured on ACME.INC! Please be sure you've properly tagged your photo with a title, credits etc. Less than 1 percent of the photos uploaded to PL are featured. Here's what it means to be FEATURED!
• Your photo was personally selected by either Desirée or Edson.
• Your photo will be showcased in the slideshow on the PL homepage.
• We announce your featured photo to all our followers via Twitter and Facebook. This list includes the top names in the industry.
• More new connections! Now is a great time to ensure that your profile is up-to-date with current a bio and contact info. Update Profile: http://www.ACME.INC/profiles/settings/editProfileInfo
• Increased visibility! Be sure your most recent work is displayed in your portfolio. Add Photos: http://www. ACME.INC/photo/photo/newWithUploader.
*BONUS TIP* If you really want to stand out, a member has created a great tutorial video on customizing your profile, see that here: http://www. ACME.INC/forum/topics/customizing-your-pinup
To follow us on Twitter visit:
To fan us on Facebook visit:
To see your photo and all other featured photos, visit: