Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Am I the only one who has noticed that the activity feed here on Creators is a time machine?

There is so much good and helpful stuff in this community... im just wondering why the Creators community does not have a manager.  If no one else wants to do it, I'd surely step up to help...

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi there!

As I see the settings of the Latest activity on the main page has been changed in order to display only the top news, so that's why it look like the time machine.

About the management of the page, we have the person who would be doing that but right now she is learning all aspects of the platform at the moment. But anyway thanks for the offer :-)

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Kyryl well it takes 10 seconds to change that setting.........just do it......or change the title name to "top content" or something.  It shouldn't take a great deal to portray it properly.  Come on now

• Hi Kyryl_Ning_Support!

I would have to agree with JFarrow and Kos, but the issue is far more complex than I think you are able to address. Just like any new Ning Network Creator, it is obvious that you do not understand the tools and purpose of the application you are using, but fortunately you are not alone!

We, as a customer community, have a wealth of expertise, experience, and wisdom to offer. Sometimes you can get this for free, or if you are very serious about your project can pay to have someone here "just get it done for you". In general, we will usually point you to join the Hire a Network Creator group to submit your needs/ wants for review by independent contractors. In the past, Ning used to also offer an in-house service along these lines, but found partnering with NC's to be more cost-effective and mutually beneficial.

Since your network is designed to support a real business and a corresponding customer community that is "live" right now, and it's worth pointing out that your intelligent use of the very product you are selling sets the example, then the clear recommendation will be to do it right and do it right now!

You will never be able to relate to your customers effectively if you do not truly care about their experience. Adjusting an activity feed to display "top news" for instance would seem to be a built in utility and easy choice to make - who would not want to see the best content curated to the top, right, but upon review of the page like any NC might do, it should be clear that the utility is not functioning very well and does not paint a professional image for the site.

Now, nothing to be upset about, it is a perfectly natural thought process you are going through. Any NC who is looking at their project with great care about the impression they will be making and especially concerned about the experience established and new members to their community will be having... they will be essentially obsessing over such details, noticing near immediately the effect, checking their sites daily if not more frequently, and wondering what to do about it.

Typically, this is when you see most new NC's joining Ning Network Creators community so they can access helpful articles, discussions, and people who have been working with, contemplating the pros and cons of, and perfecting their skills on this very platform. You can do it!

Also be advised, we as a customer community have been through this process of change in ownership, changes in staff, and changes to the platform before. We can tell you from our experience that it is very obvious when a new team comes on board and tries to claim a position of authority - when in fact they really don't know what they are doing.

It's O.K. to some extent as we understand you are only human and want badly to succeed in your great brand new business project! What I can say is it's not really about "management of a page", and it's not even really about "all aspects of the platform", but it's about the people who use the technology and all they are aspiring to in their projects. Good luck and please accept my sincere best wishes - your success is my success!

• NC for Hire

well said.   and that activity module on the front page shows us that there has not been any since 2014.  Let's refresh this when you get a chance.. thanks

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Kevin Acosta replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Yeah, well please pass along to the programmers in charge of such decisions that this new "feature"…"
1 minute ago
Ning via Facebook

#createwithNING Each online community is unique and special. What`s YOUR secret of network…

Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi Stanislav,
I do apologise for the misunderstanding. It seems that my colleague has decided that…"
14 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Hi there!
The same question has been mentioned in this discussion http://creators.ning.com/forum/to…"
14 hours ago
Sherry Ritchie and James joined Ning Creators Social Network
15 hours ago
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Kyryl, here is my ticket log with Anastasia, from which I understood I need to create new page and…"
15 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Thanks for the response Kyryl, but based on Ning's history of not launching things on time, I can't…"
16 hours ago
Aubrey Williams replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Naveen, please tell me more. Were you able to integrate Stripe with your Ning site in a way that re…"
16 hours ago
Kevin Acosta replied to Kevin Acosta's discussion Photo uploads being auto resized
"Well, even the FULL SIZE 38.5" x 36" poster that I attache was scaled down, so now that doesn't eve…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Hi there,
We plan to initially release the PaidAccess for Ning 3.0 with PayPal and credit card supp…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Naveen Jain's discussion Wiki like functionality in Ning
"Hi there!
Unfortunately, we don't have the module on our platform that would be working in the way…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi there!
Thanks for the question.
No, you don't have to create the new network each time the new f…"
yesterday
Matt replied to Aubrey Williams's discussion Paid Access 2017
"Good point, Stripe is awesome. "
yesterday
ASDKFljflkj is now a member of Ning Creators Social Network
yesterday
Alliance replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"Thanks so much for this help things look sooooo much better now."
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"You could also try this which I have on my site just now for testing. This will adjust the avatar s…"
Sunday
"As matrix items are shared with other parts of the network if you add that then this would affect t…"
Sunday
Stanislav replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Hi, I'm waiting you to implement all new features to the Network in Q2 and want to start my network…"
Sunday
Alliance replied to Alliance's discussion Profile members on MY Page
"Thank you 
Right now I have a big space between each item. Following that same logic, the container…"
Sunday
"You can adjust the avatar sizes with this, just change the width to the size required.
.section-mem…"
Saturday
More…