Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Events on Ning3

Great to have Events available (sorry, a bit slow on the uptake ...) - the main feature that was lacking, as far as I was concerned. However, Ning appears to require you to upload an image when posting an event - a couple of members on our network have complained about this. Can we have a default image to display if someone does not upload one, please? Just like Ning2.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Annabel,

It seems to be a good idea, I have let the management know about your suggestion, once they will make the decision I'll send the email to you.

Regards,

Ning Team.

• Thank you, Kyryl, I look forward to hearing from you.

• Hi Annabel,

I'm here to inform you that management has checked your suggestion and they have decided to implement your idea. They would try to insert this task into our Q4 schedule, cannot tell for sure as we haven't calculated the time that would be required for our primary tasks in Q4. Just keep in mind that it's no longer a suggestion and would be implemented sooner or later.

Best wishes,

Ning Team.

• Great!  Thanks, Kyryl.

btw I have another concern about events (!) - unlike images in other posts, clicking on the image does not enlarge it. This is a particular disadvantage when it consists e.g. of a poster for an event, because no-one can read the writing on it. You could add the image to the main body of the post - but most people would not think of that.

• Hi Annabel,

This also sounds reasonable, well when the events feature was created we thought that the picture there would contain the logo of the event just to make it easier to navigate through events. However, if people are using that place for the posters the ability to enlarge them is essential I suppose. That's why I have passed your suggestion to the management and when they would make teh decision I'll let you know here on creators like I have done recently.

Meanwhile, in order to notify your members about where they can insert posters, maybe it would be necessary to create some sort of guide or rules of events creation. I do understand that it might not be the most convenient solution, but as the event's logo doesn't enlarge itself on click it looks for me like the way around.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

• Thank you!  That would be great. Yes, I did think of saying something about it on the site, but the trouble is people don't bother to read guides ... They just complain that it's not as easy to use as Facebook - in particular uploading pictures!  They don't seem to realise that this is the price of more functionality ...

• Hi Annabel

I just created a small tip for this so members do not have to add an image

Events Default Image

Hope this helps in the mean time

John :-)

Adding A Default Image For Events If Not One Added
    This question was asked in the forum about members not having to upload an image for an event and show a default image if they chose not to add an im…
    • Thanks, John - I will try your tip. I do hope Ning will make this unnecessary soon, though!

• Glad to help for a temporary fix until Ning adds this option. By the way if you want to see it working you can go here http://bizzssite.ning.com/events-demo and if you click my homepage tab you will see the event at the top of the activity, as I said in the activity it does not show an image yet. If you add content using the Add content option in a page and choose from events the image does show.

John :-)

- Events Demo
        Tips for Ning 3.0 sites
This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Tuesday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…