Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Events on Ning3

Great to have Events available (sorry, a bit slow on the uptake ...) - the main feature that was lacking, as far as I was concerned. However, Ning appears to require you to upload an image when posting an event - a couple of members on our network have complained about this. Can we have a default image to display if someone does not upload one, please? Just like Ning2.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Annabel,

It seems to be a good idea, I have let the management know about your suggestion, once they will make the decision I'll send the email to you.

Regards,

Ning Team.

• Thank you, Kyryl, I look forward to hearing from you.

• Hi Annabel

I just created a small tip for this so members do not have to add an image

Events Default Image

Hope this helps in the mean time

John :-)

Adding A Default Image For Events If Not One Added
    This question was asked in the forum about members not having to upload an image for an event and show a default image if they chose not to add an im…
    • Thanks, John - I will try your tip. I do hope Ning will make this unnecessary soon, though!

Adding A Default Image For Events If Not One Added
      This question was asked in the forum about members not having to upload an image for an event and show a default image if they chose not to add an im…
      • Glad to help for a temporary fix until Ning adds this option. By the way if you want to see it working you can go here http://bizzssite.ning.com/events-demo and if you click my homepage tab you will see the event at the top of the activity, as I said in the activity it does not show an image yet. If you add content using the Add content option in a page and choose from events the image does show.

John :-)

- Events Demo
        Tips for Ning 3.0 sites
This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Poppili replied to Poppili's discussion Urgently looking for a designer to improve my Ning website design
"your website looks great..
I guess I'll have a deeper look at the design studio
do you do design fo…"
46 minutes ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Videos Playing In Activity Feed, check it out on my site, Now shows photos to ( Updated: 27-04-17 )
"Well this is all working really nice now especially the photos, give it  a try. Click on a photo in…"
4 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Poppili's discussion Urgently looking for a designer to improve my Ning website design
"Just thought I would say that the new Ning Team are going to be updating the themes as mentioned in…"
4 hours ago
George Swann replied to Poppili's discussion Urgently looking for a designer to improve my Ning website design
"Looks relatively straightforward to me.  I have a couple of friends with current Wix sites that do…"
7 hours ago
Naveen Jain replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"Do you have example of ning site that you have designed?"
9 hours ago
Kos replied to Poppili's discussion Urgently looking for a designer to improve my Ning website design
"Good luck w/that.  Been there; done that.  Never again"
9 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

#createwithNING #plan Need publicity, fans and high life? Follow your dreams with really great…

George Swann replied to Poppili's discussion Urgently looking for a designer to improve my Ning website design
"Poppili, you're right about our sites needing to have a fresh modern look.  Need things to both loo…"
12 hours ago
George Swann replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"Deeday won't even let you see the source code...definitely not ning...lol
Bearcreek looks like a wi…"
13 hours ago
Kos replied to Poppili's discussion Urgently looking for a designer to improve my Ning website design
"Poppili You might want to post this over at the Hire a Creator group. "
15 hours ago
Dan Lee replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"No it not."
yesterday
Dan Lee replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Adjusting Your Videos List Page Metadata Section Colours
"THIS CODE DIDN'T CHANGE THE COLOR FOR MY SITE"
yesterday
Dan Lee replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Adjusting Your Videos List Page Metadata Section Colours
"OK, I FOUND IT :)"
yesterday
Alliance replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"http://deeday504.com/ is a NING site?"
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"Here you go Dan this should fix you up
http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/adjusting-your-videos-&he...;"
yesterday
Dan Lee replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
yesterday
Hantz Jeanlouis is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Traddie replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"Do you have examples of other sites you have designed?"
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"I have a fix for this. Will post it as a tip when home later this evening.
John :-)"
yesterday
More…