I created a network on ning for the purpose of coordinating events. Sadly, the RSVP function on Ning lacks functionality. If you look at evite, eventbrite or pingg, you'll see that invitees can rsvp for multiple people. In my case, I am inviting families to events. I need a proper head count!
I am not a developer but my guess is that it would not take much coding to allow for the rsvp of parties more than 1.
Will this be fixed in the near futire? Are there any event apps that would solve my problem?
If not, I'll cancel ning, and create my site using iweb with a wufoo form to collect rsvps. Less than ideal!
This is huge, huge, huge HUGE for me. Events are the core feature of our network, and they are a PITA. I've posted it before, but in case anyone is listening, here are the top 10 things I need (in no particular order)...
1. Ability to say how many people are coming - ideally number of adults and number of children - and to be able to cap the RSVPs after a certain number and start a waitlist.
2. Ability to collect payments for events - and to have multiple categories (for example, $8 for adults, $5 for children). Need ability to refund payments if warranted, and to take people off the list if they don't pay, allowing someone from the waitlist to join.
3. Ability to reset the RSVP list if an event changes
4. Ability to duplicate events
5. Ability to have recurring events (and ability to restrict this feature to moderators).
6. Ability to access image files previously uploaded for earlier events
7. Ability to create events for Groups
8. Ability to categorize events so that someone can elect to view only certain categories. Ideally, would allow multiple selections (for example, someone might select the age categories for which the event is best suited, or might select one-time event versus recurring series of classes).
9. For the event organizer to be able to send longer messages to attendees.
10. Ability to have a "poll" for attendees of an event.
I'm sure I'm missing some. Perhaps others have ideas. :)
Agreed! All of this list would be immensely useful!
Our membership is in an uproar right now, and we may have to abandon Ning if something isn't done to improve events.