I was wondering if there was a way Ning could make it easier to stop following groups, discussions.... and quite more things. My website is small but it still takes a very long time to stop following every group I join. I just wish there was an option like "stop following all groups" i hate getting notified about every little thing that happens on a group. I would really apreactiate a helpful reply.

Thanks, Leah.

Views: 29

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check your profile settings. I think it's in the E-Mail page.
Hey Leah!

As Andy points out, you can simply turn off all groups-related email notifications. Head to your Email Settings, and you'll see these options:

it would also help if you didn't join the groups to begin with. not being sarcastic, but it would seem the logical choice. no?
yes, but the groups i join i do enjoy, i just hate the mail. My email account is all clogged up because of this.
but what i mean is more complex, there should be an option "stop receiving emails from *group name* when someone comments, stop receiving emails from all groups when someone comments. Also, 'stop receiving messages from this discussion when someone comments, 'stop receiving emails from all of your discussions when someone comments'
so you want to be able to control which groups you receive notifications from, not stop receiving emails from all groups. hmm. since implementing something like that across ning would be a lot of work, i doubt that would happen any time soon since i imagine it's not something of a priority. one thing you can do (which i have recently had to do myself), is use the "stop following" option when someone comments on a group. these are not discussions, but little comments people make on the group front page, which i can do without. this cuts down on the amount of email i receive, and i only receive emails when there is an actual discussion. you can click on that option as it comes into your personal email. you can also click the same option when you receive emails of discussions from a group. that way, you will no longer receive emails from that group, but you will still receive emails from the groups you would like to receive emails from.
Hey Leah!

Most emails should have links like that already, which allow you to stop following whatever it was that generated the email.

/Evan
Ning Product Manager
Forgot about that. The links to stop following right there at the bottom of all discussions.
You don't even need to visit the discussion. Just click the link in the email:

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Luke Jones replied to Luke Jones's discussion 'Help'
"Ye I am :) I've tried all the options on google webmaster tools to let me verify my site,…"
50 minutes ago
Saurabh replied to Saurabh's discussion 'Title of a group home is not having group name'
"HI Crystal - Just wanted to know - has improved request filed for same.. There has been couple of…"
1 hour ago

NC for Hire
Bernard Lama replied to Luke Jones's discussion 'Help'
"Are you talking about google webmaster tool that you are able to verify your site? "
2 hours ago

NC for Hire
Bernard Lama replied to Jeffrey Haskins's discussion 'Need a Link for page addition on manage pages'
"Yeah why not ...you can add a link next to any links on group pages. Just go to Group Options>…"
2 hours ago
Phillip Brunelle replied to Crystal Coleman's discussion 'Ning 3.0 Progress Update for March and Let's Hear Your Thoughts'
"I'm hoping a video section is included in Ning 3.0 because my network is taking a loss of…"
2 hours ago

NC for Hire
Bernard Lama replied to Dutchlabel's discussion 'Align images horizontally'
"Hi there, Did you try this ever?"
3 hours ago
Troy Marquis replied to Troy Marquis's discussion 'Ning Activity feeds Going CooCoo's'
"its not its the profile pic of the uploader showing instead of the pic"
5 hours ago

NC for Hire
JFarrow replied to Troy Marquis's discussion 'Ning Activity feeds Going CooCoo's'
"this looks more like milicious member...or spam activity by a member uploading the same photos over…"
6 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service