UPDATE 3/3/2014

We're happy to start accepting requests for migration from Sandbox Group Members! All members were sent information for requesting migration of their networks. We are only opening requests to Sandbox Group Members at this stage to ensure that our team doesn't become overloaded with requests. 

At this time, we'll be closing this thread to new Sandbox requests and memberships. Any already requested networks should be converted by the end of the day Tuesday, March 4th. If you think your network has not been converted properly, message Crystal and we'll look into it.

Update 12.30.13 - To prevent confusion and streamline discussions, this thread has been closed to new replies, but Ning 3.0 Sandbox Networks are still available. If you have feedback on Ning 3.0, please start a new discussion either in the Sandbox Group (here's a great template) or in the Ning 3.0 Feedback and Issues category. If you have a question about sandboxing your network or the Sandbox process, please start a new discussion in the Sandbox Group or message Crystal

Earlier today I appealed to all of you to start Ning 3.0 trials and give us feedback.  Many of you have already posted valuable feedback – a big call-out to Joseph, SP and Alex for detailed lists!  However, a number of you commented that a 14 day trial isn’t enough time to evaluate Ning 3.0.  And if you invest time in designing a Ning 3.0 Network now, you might want the option to use that design later on when an upgrade process is released.

We agree.  We will provide any Ning 2.0 Network Creator with one free Ning 3.0 Sandbox Network upon request.  There is one catch: you need to provide us with feedback on Ning 3.0. 

Here are the details.

• Limited term: You will have the option to upgrade your free Ning 3.0 Sandbox Network to a paid Ning 3.0 subscription plan at any time.
  • 5 member limit and no custom domains: A free Ning 3.0 Sandbox Network is meant to be a sandbox – for you and up to 4 admins to tinker around with design and features.  Note, in the interest of giving you sandbox networks quickly, we haven’t built these limits into the product.  So at the start, it will be an honor system.
  • Ning 2.0 Network Creators only: You must currently have an active Ning 2.0 subscription in good standing.  The objective of this program is get feedback from existing customers before they have the option to upgrade.

How do you participate?

1. Join The Sandbox group on Creators (http://creators.ning.com/group/the-sandbox).  Note, member moderation is turned on for the group, so please be patient while we approve your membership.
  2. Create a new Ning 3.0 trial and post the trial URL in this discussion.  The Ning Advocacy Team will change your trial subscription to our new free Sandbox Plan.  Note, this may take us 2 to 3 days to process.
  3. Post your initial evaluation of Ning 3.0 in the group forum within one week, if possible.  Please include: a) bugs identified; b) improvements needed for the initial Ning 3.0 core features; c) Ning 3.0 changes you find are most valuable; and d) your prioritized list of new features we need to add to Ning 3.0.
  4. As we release new features in Ning 3.0, we’ll ask you to provide additional input.

Thanks again for your help.  Together we can design an awesome, next-generation platform for you to continue to cultivate and grow your communities!

Tags: 3.0, ning, sandbox

Views: 16207

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

You're welcome, Nelson.

approve my request and I will happily provide feedback. Thanks. 

Hi Geoff. Your message is not for me is it?

Sorry, no. I thought this was a general response. Thanks. 

Hello John

I am hoping you can help me still. I am still waiting to have a 2.0 platform given to me as I have paid $300 for a useless 3.0 platform. I am still waiting for this to be resolved.  I had a thread last week but it was shut down with the promise that Ning were going to fix the problem.  I have not had that resolution yet.  I am so dissapointed with the lack of care taken. I know that Ning has offered 2.0 to others.  I want one too.

Can you please help get my situation resolved as it is about a month now and that is too long for this lack of care to go on.  yOu are giving 3.0 to others and I had to pay and it is soooo not worth it.

I would like a 2.0 please until you guys get the 3.0 ready to actually be worth the money I have paid. 

Thanks

Lotus

Good evening, how do i Create a new Ning 3.0 trial ? I have searched for this withn no success so far.

Waiting your kindly guidelines.

rgds

Looks like I just opened a can of worms guess I better leave the way I came in

Paulo you go to your Dashboard/Account and create a new network there.  If your 2.0 is named abc.com make it something similar like abctest.com.  IMPORTANT:  Then you immediately need to join the sandbox group (link here) and follow those steps shown there.  Most importantly adding your 3.0 network site link to the "what is your 3.0 URL" discussion.  Then and only then you will receive an email confirming that your 3.0 will be free for six months and Ning will enable it.  if you don't receive the email within a few days (not counting weekends when Ning is closed), check your spam folder and  call or email them. 

Many thanks Kos, just to clarify : this ning 3.0 network will run apart from my 2.0 existing social network , right ? 

It's like building another site, and in 3.0 you do it in bits and pieces and you can use some of your stuff from NING 2.0

You will be given six (6) months to create your 3.0 while your 2.o runs.  Keep your members posting on 2.0 until you've migrated data and you're ready to unveil the 3.0.  Not all components have been released yet (messaging, events, chat and much more) are to follow along with a migration tool which you will ultimately use to transfer your data from your 2.0 to your 3.0

Check out the frequently asked questions area and 3.0 Help Center which can be found at the top of this page as subtabs below "Ning 3.0".  They will answer many questions.   You can even find "what's to come" in this post here.

You will find 3.0 completely different in design from 2.0.  My advice would be to keep a running list of questions, search in 3.0 for the answers.  We've been digging into it for five months now and I think many of the questions you will encounter, you'll be able to locate an answer.  Best of luck-

many thanks for yr help!!!

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"same on all sites its a bug"
1 hour ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Hi Riccardo I see no navegation on your network"
1 hour ago
Aaron replied to Rainer Glaap's discussion 'Heartbleed, MITM - Security Issues'
"Thanks for bringing this up! As Rainer mentioned, Ning.com wasn't vulnerable to the Heartbleed…"
1 hour ago
Khatlen Guse replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hi Stig! My feed its ok now! :) I hope that your is ok too."
2 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"id use that but to be safe make sure theres no copywrite on the pentaprism and if there is it…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"I know very well SE, I ensure you that it was a sort of gratitude for the new platform for us. I…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Phil. I take the occasion just to ask you if you took alook at this, for me ot could be e very good…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service