Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Ok, so you would like to embed a cool bookshelf, but would rather not have to buy and then learn some expensive software to make your bookshelf.  This hack will allow you to embed an entire folder of PDFs/PPTs/eBooks into any page on your network.

Back in the day, issuu.com used to provide widget codes for embedding "shelves" into a site.  After doing away with shelves and calling them 'stacks' they changed the URL structure.  However, the old code can be modified to adapt to 'stacks'.  Now if you have a public "Stack on Issuu in which you have uploaded documents to your account and placed them in a stack, you can have the Bookshelf version on your Ning site.  And yes, you could have a collaborative community shelf. and btw, Issuu Iframes are supported by Ning

Take this code for example:

<iframe src="http://static.issuu.com/widgets/shelf/index.html?folderId=FOLDERID&amp;theme=theme3&amp;rows=3&amp;thumbSize=small&amp;roundedCorners=false&amp;showTitle=true&amp;showAuthor=true&amp;shadow=true&amp;effect3d=true" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" width="100%" height="400"></iframe>

FOLDERID= URL for stack with the dashes added. 

Example:  https://issuu.com/landsurveyor/stacks/683b5381b3364c989987deb96a221c61

That part on the end is what you need.  It is number of 36 chars that you get on address bar when you enter stacks (example: https://issuu.com/username/stacks/FOLDERID). When you replacing that in code you must paste 36 chars in this format 8-4-4-4-12 with - between chars. And voila its working. You can change theme and other stuffs in code.

683b5381-b336-4c98-9987-deb96a221c61

8             4        4       4             12

you can even change the theme by changing 1 number

Feel free to fork my copy to make your own....

Why not make something cool?  You all have sharable documents on your computer.  Let me know what you come up with..

oh and then there is this from years ago..

Do More with Your Video Embed Option...and Smile.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Oh wow.  Gonna have to wrap my head around but it's spectacular. 

• Nice Tip J, thank you for sharing :)

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Dan Lee replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"No it not."
11 hours ago
Dan Lee replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Adjusting Your Videos List Page Metadata Section Colours
"THIS CODE DIDN'T CHANGE THE COLOR FOR MY SITE"
11 hours ago
Dan Lee replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Adjusting Your Videos List Page Metadata Section Colours
"OK, I FOUND IT :)"
12 hours ago
Alliance replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"http://deeday504.com/ is a NING site?"
12 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"Here you go Dan this should fix you up
http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/adjusting-your-videos-&he...;"
18 hours ago
Dan Lee replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
21 hours ago
Hantz Jeanlouis is now a member of Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Traddie replied to Dan Lee's discussion I Will Design Your Ning Network To Make it Look More Professional
"Do you have examples of other sites you have designed?"
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"I have a fix for this. Will post it as a tip when home later this evening.
John :-)"
yesterday
Ning via Facebook

#unitewithNING Ning`s conquering Internet: follow our new Google+ page here!…

Dan Lee replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Video Issues Again For Embed Videos Showing Blank Box
"ANY FIX FOR THE COLOR OF THE TEXT, FOR THE NEW VIDEO FEATURE? WHEN I ADDED IT TO MY HOME PAGE I GOT…"
yesterday
Garfield Archivist replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning: Is it possible to enable the comments form on posted videos like we can for photos in activity feed.
"Me Three"
yesterday
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning: Is it possible to enable the comments form on posted videos like we can for photos in activity feed.
"i second that"
yesterday
Ning via Facebook

#inspirewithNING #dj Feel inspired with cheerful spring and joyful minutes, filled with sounds…

Kos replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"What, in 2.0 themes, do you want Tony?  Most can be replicated with simple CSS.  Can you be more sp…"
yesterday
Kos replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning: Is it possible to enable the comments form on posted videos like we can for photos in activity feed.
""
yesterday
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Videos Playing In Activity Feed, check it out on my site, Now shows photos to ( Updated: 27-04-17 )
"Added some more updates on this so it works with photos now also."
yesterday
Tim Frank replied to Anastasiia_NING support's discussion Ning 2Q 2017 plan!
"Thank you for the answer. My only regret is that it took just short of a month to get an empathetic…"
yesterday
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Ning- Your design studio widget images are not loading
"Thanks, John,
I have posted the info about the fix of the embedded videos under more appropriate po…"
yesterday
"Yes I noticed that but I don't think that's a big issue as at least the embeds are working now and…"
yesterday
More…