I'm new to ning and i need help getting a hang of how things work ASAP. I am creating a network for engineering professionals in my neighborhood.
Please any info on any of the above listed issues will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Some quick answers:
1) There's no facility right now to approve accounts based on a type; so you'd either need to have moderation completely on or off.
2) There will be some capacity to do this once we release the ability to charge members for access to certain parts of the network. Not sure if that fits your requirement or not.
3) You can't duplicate blogs, but you can customize the existing blog feature language using the language editor so that it's called Projects for your members.
4) I'm not sure you will be able to rename it just on profile page. Can you let me know a little more about why you want to modify it?
5) You can have your network at www.example.com and then attach hosting to subdomains using a hosting service and your registrar, or you can map your network to a subdomain like my.example.com. We have instructions for various registrars here.
Your reply was quite helpful, I hope the PAC can actually help by restricting access without necessarily requiring payment by members, just like member levels which NCs can assign. (For which i hope Ning wouldn't charge cos there's actually no monetary transaction involved, but if they do, there's no problem).
That being said, reason for wanting to duplicate blog is:
My client wants to have the blog feature, then have another feature which allows members to privately or publicly log activities on the different projects they are working on. This can then be shared and logged with a timeline (or can be accessed via a calendar).
Though this sounds complicated, i hope i can find a way around it using blogs, or pages or notes?
Thanks for the help again,