How do I get my Ning site fitted for mobile browsing?

Hi Ning Creators,

we must acknowledge most people especially the youths do their web activities from mobile devices and use all kinds of mobile apps to cross-interact social networks.

Based on these facts, we (Ning Creators) do all have to be concerned when our sites are not readily compliant to mobile browsing expectations like fast page-download, integration with major social media apps etc.

If you know of any compression or formating apps/feature on Ning or third party, please advise.

Anyways, my site is http://jobscompanion.ning.com -needs major makeover, please critique and suggest. 

Thanks.

Tags: apps, browsing, download, fast, jobscompanion, major, media, mobile, page, social

Views: 280

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

NIng sites work fine on iPads and Android tablets. For smartphones, the Ning team is working on a revamped mobile version of your site: http://jobscompanion.ning.com/m

Hopefully, we'll see something soon.

...thanks Arnold for this reply!

I tried it with a 8500 BB model commonly use by my site target in Nigeria, who would be interested in some of GLAM's apps and goodies...I'm worried getting the affiliate program running might painfully hamper download speed.

Anxiously yours,

Gilbert

Thanks for this. I was wondering what the issue with mobile is. My site looks great on my ipad (I use safari).  

Hi Tj, its true iPads and Androids are perfect with Ning platform -but Jobs Companion has a target audience to cater for, and most of these use BlackBerry.

Thanks to Arnold and his Ning Team...we'll sure relay to them feedback from our users!

Thanks Arnold, Ning Team is the Greatest!

We thank God for going with our guts staying with Ning when it went on paid service...we trust the brand!

The most issue using the regular version on BlackBerry was signing-out; wouldn't grant request but takes you to the home page. Now the http://jobscompanion.ning.com/m is a true Mobile Jobs Companion!

Please Network Creators do visit frequently and give suggestions.

Thanks to Everyone! 

Gilbert & Julia Vincent

Jobs Companion Administrators (BB PIN: 2956567E)

Lagos, Nigeria

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Profile IconAmerican Savane, Nadia Ismail, Ethan and 6 more joined Creators
2 minutes ago
Writer Chick {Diane} replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"John, one of our NCs who migrated during the first phase had an UNUSUAL number of pages to migrate.…"
13 minutes ago
Brenda favorited JFarrow's discussion 3.0 Footer Tip: Add Social Icons Using Icon Font and No Javascript
17 minutes ago
Crystal Coleman replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Yep! Sorry, hadn't gotten around to that yet. Updated now. "
23 minutes ago
Stig Karlsen replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Spot on John!"
24 minutes ago
Crystal Coleman replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Hi Perú,  Content bundle types can't be changed since the structure of them is…"
27 minutes ago
Suzie Nielsen replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"Hi Juliett,  I only hope that this is only a misunderstanding of what I have wanted all along…"
29 minutes ago
"Hi Jeffrey, similar to other features like Blogs and Forums, the RSS feed for Articles is for…"
30 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service