in the members category discussion it was suggested by mark from ning (i think) that i could use an @import statement in the css to pull in css from an external file into tyhe css box

i have tried numerrouse variations with no luck

i tried the link method jensocial suggests but since its loaded inj the custom code not the css box it screws things up

i need some way to add more css without it loading late or weird

ant=y help?

and if i can get the @import to work is it best at the behginibg or end of the css box and can i move all css external?

can i also mix  external with css in the css box?

i need alot more info cause cant get it to work

Views: 122

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi soaringeagle,

The best option you have is the adbox above header using link method. It's unconventional and non-standard but it works and there's a slight delay on the changes, especially override styles. Jensocial is right, you can also place it in the custom code box, with the style or link tag.

You can try and use the @import rule on Pages by inserting it on the meta box using <style> tag.

Hope this helps.

i tried in custom code and it screwed things up ill try  the link in the ad box thnx..i hope it works

You're welcome. Let me know if it works for you.

Good day.

it did

in custom code like jen suggested i had alot trouble but in the ad box it workes fine  so thatsa lifesaver i literaly had 1 charachter space left..lol

hey, good to hear that it worked. 1 character left, really? :-)

cheers.

yea to type the @i in import without it turning red i had to cut the code i added to the external file..lol

and that was with it all minified to the max (except the ie specific  code which broke when i minified it fir some reason)

lol i see. Yes, you can't add @import on the box, sadly.

glad im 1 of the few who still have root access for easy edits oh i had tyto use the full url to get it to work but thats ok

oh i left out the media statement will that mess up the mobile site?

sounds great. oh with your Ning mobile site? I think it uses a separate css file.

thnx alot now i can finaly do some more tweaking

hey you're welcome soaringeagle. happy tweaking :-)

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"same on all sites its a bug"
1 hour ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Hi Riccardo I see no navegation on your network"
1 hour ago
Aaron replied to Rainer Glaap's discussion 'Heartbleed, MITM - Security Issues'
"Thanks for bringing this up! As Rainer mentioned, Ning.com wasn't vulnerable to the Heartbleed…"
2 hours ago
Khatlen Guse replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hi Stig! My feed its ok now! :) I hope that your is ok too."
2 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"id use that but to be safe make sure theres no copywrite on the pentaprism and if there is it…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"I know very well SE, I ensure you that it was a sort of gratitude for the new platform for us. I…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Phil. I take the occasion just to ask you if you took alook at this, for me ot could be e very good…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service