Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I must say that the Tab Container is the best invention since the Peperoni Pizza. This little container has a powerful and unlimited array of uses. I have been using my simple slider for advertizing and linking to other parts of our site, but it does drag it down with a lot of coding and load time. With the Tab Container i now can make categories for our village resources and just place a simple link without any extra coding. Less coding the better.

This is just a  simple simple example what i use the Tab Container for. Although i am removing the code for the slider i am adding this easy and attractive vertical tabs that John Bizley's made that you can get HERE.

Because what ever content you add there will always be an open tab with content, so to make my container look closed i just added an HTML box and uploaded a 1x1 px transparent pic and titled the tab Select Category or you can just type a small message that would describe your content subject in the blank area you see here.

Here is my selected tab with my content and a link to my parts page. So why don't i fill just one box with all the links and parts descriptions? Because i don't want my box to be any longer on my page than shown here. It keeps my subjects clean and organized as the Tab Container was intended to be. If you don't want your box to expand down when you select a category just omit the Select Category tab and have an active tab open all the time, but make sure each content is the same size.

Show us your creative ways to use the Tab Container here.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i skipped the webkit stuff for the sake of speed while on a roll cioding and had to remember in the morn to go back and do it..was surprised how much coding i did overnight

check out ww3.dreadlockssite.com tab containers  instead of just verticle  went 2  collums verticle  (with the most subtle lil "slide out" effect on tab change ..i mean like 1 or 2 px  maybe 3 over a 3 sec transition ..very slight subtle effect but liked how  it worked out

• used most heavily on the community page

• Just wondering if you can help me out... I've been playing around with these codes (and I am awful at css) but when I implement them the boxes actually move around once you click them. Is there a way to stop that? Lol!! Thanks so much

• NC for Hire

In my 2.0 network, I had a RSS feed wall that I made using Google Sites which operated like this:

3225617?profile=original

Now in 3.0, i no longer need the hacked Gsites embed and have been moving those feeds to tabs like so:

3225652?profile=original

Tabbed RSS Feeds in 3.0

3225704?profile=original

this is just one of the ways I am using the tabs.. hope this helps..  [NOTE:  my network is private presently, but i made this page available for you to view as an example.]

• NC for Hire

i almost forgot... i also added a surveyors dictionary inside one of my groups (private so here is screen capture:

3230080?profile=originaland arrangement of backend

3230154?profile=original

Let me know if you have any questions...

• This reply was deleted.
      • This is right up your alley JFarrow! I'm glad they added this so you can make some cool for terms!

• NC for Hire

fo sho Ced..we can do it with music on your joint..

• Yes that and modeling which are both strong pinnacles! I'm less than 90 members away from 1,000 and I'm even more excited about the qualitative results! People like you have made that possible!

• NC for Hire

i am happy to have helped and further inspired by your progress brother...

great job Ced, truly! hard work pays off plays golf

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

Alina Langley replied to Suzie Nielsen's discussion
Ning 2.0 For Sale
"Do you atill have a NING 2.0 site? I am looking for one, please DM me :)"
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile photo
Saturday
Alina Langley updated their profile
Saturday
LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
Mar 26
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
More…

Meanwhile, you can check our social media channels