I have being thinking on ways to start a strong social network....Can some one help?

Views: 1062

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Edmond!

We have some helpful Member Engagement pages here that might serve as a good jumping-off point. That said, there's no better source of tips and best practices than your fellow Network Creators. So you've come to the right place! 

Personally, I love it. Why?
It's easy to use.
It's reliable on up time
You don't have to be a webmaster in the true sense of the meaning, Ning host it so you don't have to worry about servers or heavy coding etc.
Fairly flexible price points for mini, plus and pro.
Great community support.

Cons? A few but what platform is perfect?

Good luck
SP

Yes, I love too, especially for the easy to use

Highly recommended. For any faults NING may have, the truth is they are far above their competitors. I'd also look at stability and NING is financially sound. I'm not too sure I'd want to spend the next 3 years building a thriving community only to find out that they're going out of business. 

Language Editor and ability to gather and manage member info.  Unbeatable.

I totally agree, the language editor is one of the most incredible features in Ning. With this you can create a entire network in latin:

http://schola.ning.com/

I chose Ning because I liked the Layout and themes and its ability to help me get my site designed exactly how I wanted, even though I have no design experience. Creating a site like mine without Ning would have been much more expensive and taken much longer. I saved time and I saved money by using it. 

You have had great tips though Bernard.

It's pleasure to share those tips..thanks for liking it.

Edmond,

Without even mentioning none of the features, the main thing that is a deal breaker for NING is this site. How often do you find a company who interacts with its customers to help them grow along with fellow customers helping you grow as well. Not to mention 95% of the cases you don't pay any additional costs for this help.

I love my fellow NING Creators and without them I would dehydrate from the countless amount tears trying to get feedback to head in the right direction with my site The Dusk Spot.

Easy to use, stable and very versatile

I have been a member (All Star Voices) of Ning for about a year or so and I am very happy so far. Before this I was using Word Press and my hosting was by Host Gator. I loved HG but did not like WP, despite all it has to offer. I understand it is open source and there is a bit of a "learning curve" but I found what I call all the "flowery talk" so unhelpful. The folks are HG were always great and told me that SEO loves Word Press.

After working with WP's Buddy Press and so many plug in's either crashing or not configuring corresctly, I decided to look into a social network that was much easier to use, and I decided on Ning. There are a few more things which Ning could offer and areas which they could improve but they are in the process of improving all the time. The people are also always very helpful and polite.

I have not used any other platforms so could not give an honest comparison. I can just tell you that I would and do recommend Ning.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"same on all sites its a bug"
1 hour ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Hi Riccardo I see no navegation on your network"
1 hour ago
Aaron replied to Rainer Glaap's discussion 'Heartbleed, MITM - Security Issues'
"Thanks for bringing this up! As Rainer mentioned, Ning.com wasn't vulnerable to the Heartbleed…"
1 hour ago
Khatlen Guse replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hi Stig! My feed its ok now! :) I hope that your is ok too."
2 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"id use that but to be safe make sure theres no copywrite on the pentaprism and if there is it…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"I know very well SE, I ensure you that it was a sort of gratitude for the new platform for us. I…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Phil. I take the occasion just to ask you if you took alook at this, for me ot could be e very good…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service