Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

I added a page for uploading videos...I then uploaded a video but I decided I wanted to delete the video. No where on the page was there an edit button so I could delete it. Can someone let me know if you can't delete a video once you upload one? Thank you!

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Social Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Social Network

Votes: 0
Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I believe if you go to "edit" the video, the delete button is at the bottom of the page.  I'm on the road so I can't check this so let me know if I'm correct. 

• Open video , options, delete is in the list.
    • Hi John,

I found how to edit/delete video under "Edit Profile and Email Settings" in top right corner. It doesn't show an edit option other than through that. So kind of interesting. Otherwise I am running in to a couple of other issues...if you could help me that'd be great

1. I have multiple categories I have set up to be able to place videos under specific topics...when I am choosing a category it says "choose one or more categories." I would like to definitely be able to choose more than one category but when I try to choose more than one it won't let me...do you know if there is a setting for that somewhere? I can't find one on my dashboard under sites and pages when setting up page.

2. It seems people can't search by category either in the search box on the video page. And tags don't work in search box either. Do you know anything about this by chance?

Thank you for your help!

• 1.  I changed the wording in Language Editor - members must hold down CTRL to select more than one.

3239594?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

• Thank you Kos! Greatly appreciated!

• Hey Kos,

So how would members be able to do that on mobile version?

• Oooh you've got me there. I'm a complete novice when it comes to 'mobile'.  Sorry :(

• Lol ok. No worries. Maybe John will know. Thanks for your help though :-)

• Hi Jennifer,

As Kos mentioned it's necessary to hold CTRL to choose several categories at the same time. For the mobile it's much easier, there are tick boxes near each category so your members would be able simply to tick as many categories as they wish. Here is the screenshot from my test network (made on Android):

3239628?profile=RESIZE_1024x1024

Unfortunately, the search on the videos page, performing the search only by the title of the video and also it searches through all videos regardless the category they were added to.

Best regards,

Ning Team.

This reply was deleted.

Some interesting articles related to community management, digital marketing etc. could be found in our digest. Don't hesitate to leave a feedback so we would know that we should continue :-)

Latest Activity

LEO Mobile App Builder updated their profile
yesterday
Aase Lillian replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Ok, thank you. Please send me details as I have no idea on how to do it. "
Mar 19
Aase Lillian and ⚡JFarrow⌁ are now friends
NC for Hire
Mar 19
⚡JFarrow⌁ updated their profile photo
Mar 18
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to Aase Lillian's discussion
Community - activity page
"Yes you can add emojis to your community pretty much anywhere you like.
If you need some help…"
Mar 18
Aase Lillian updated their profile
Mar 18
Aase Lillian posted a discussion
Hi all. Is it possible to add emojis to the community? I also wish the activity page to include…
Mar 18
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Mar 6
Adul Rodri is now friends with ANGE.L LUAR and Margarida Maria Madruga
Feb 14
Shweta Sharma updated their profile
Jan 26
catherine martin updated their profile
Jan 16
Donna MacShoe updated their profile photo
Jan 15
More…