So I finally found the same question from someone else, but no one responded so I am asking again. I have a few requests to increase the length of the status update on their "my page" which is 140 characters. Can I do that?

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thats the whole point we want to be or why cant we be the only networks that offer it all.and then some..if facebook has more count then why not follow facebook..?who in the right mind does what #2 is doing(except for ning)their special ..once again would you want your member to post some thing in it entirely from your network..instead of having a 140 count limit to a network that he is most likely not on..im just saying play the percentages..twitter followers most of them or there phone anyway..

LOL I hear ya bro. My prediction, too is G+ is going to destroy Twitter.

there is a solution for that.. It's called "share-a-blog-instead" ...

@Speed Racer, I think what Champion, Solo and everyone else is saying is that increasing the length of the status update will make our sites more competitive.  People don't "blog" their statuses on FB but they do have room to say what they have to say without getting cut off.  But what I'm finding on my site is that people want to promote as they do on FB but don't have the same amount of room so they wind up just going there for all they're communicating. 

I spoke with a Ning rep yesterday and they said that those interested in seeing this change should suggest the feature be added.  Let's  bombard them with this suggestion so that we can be successful at making our members more comfortable with our sites than with others.

I'd like a little more length too.  Too restrictive as it is.

Joe, tear down this wall. lol

Why does Ning care how many characters I want on my site. Offer the option to choose

Example :

140, 250, 500, 1000 or lose business.

It's my site I pay for it. Why sabotage your own business. I need space yesterday. Help us now or lose us forever!

Indeed Maya!  But apparently no one from NING is listening to us so I guess we'll have to just start searching for someone to build our networks from the ground up to allow for more flexibility.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"same on all sites its a bug"
1 hour ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Hi Riccardo I see no navegation on your network"
1 hour ago
Aaron replied to Rainer Glaap's discussion 'Heartbleed, MITM - Security Issues'
"Thanks for bringing this up! As Rainer mentioned, Ning.com wasn't vulnerable to the Heartbleed…"
2 hours ago
Khatlen Guse replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hi Stig! My feed its ok now! :) I hope that your is ok too."
2 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"id use that but to be safe make sure theres no copywrite on the pentaprism and if there is it…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"I know very well SE, I ensure you that it was a sort of gratitude for the new platform for us. I…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Phil. I take the occasion just to ask you if you took alook at this, for me ot could be e very good…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service