Hi,

I'm helping a friend set up her new blog here on Ning. The one problem is, is that she just wants a blog where people can respond to her posts on the front page. How would you set that up?

Thanks,

Perrie~

Tags: Blog, front-page

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There is not a setting you can choose. You can turn the main page into a landing page and direct all images and/or links to the main page of the blog and separate blog articles. 

You can learn more about landing pages http://sixrevisions.com/content-strategy/designing-landing-pages/ 

Hi Anthony!

The link you gave me seems to be about using landing pages for sales. It really didn't address the blog issue. Also, even if there was a way to get the blog onto a landing page, would that mean that people would be able to post on the landing page? 

You could just display the blog module on your front page and nothing else.

The link is provided to help you develop a landing page that works well. It does not have to be about sales. I was just trying to provide motivation and instruction as to what a landing page was about.

In a nutshell it is the first place your visitors will land before going to your blogs. There is not a way to set your blog as the main page, unless you use custom domain and forwards and I still do not think it will work properly.

I would demo my site for you but I will not have it completed for a couple of weeks. If you wish to wait, I will share my site URL when I am finished. It will have a landing page that everyone lands first before moving through my website.

Thanks Anthony! I'll be waiting. In the meantime, I have the blog set up on the front page but you have to click on it to make a comment.

Hi Perrie,

We have a couple of upcoming projects that will let you use Ning as more of a publishing platform than a social network. The first is sign up controls, and that will let you turn off signup if you don't want to deal with members. The second is external commenting system integration, like Facebook comment. That will let visitors comment on blogs without needing to be a member. We're close to starting on sign up controls, and external comments will follow.

Thanks,
Phil 

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
1 hour ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"same on all sites its a bug"
1 hour ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Hi Riccardo I see no navegation on your network"
1 hour ago
Aaron replied to Rainer Glaap's discussion 'Heartbleed, MITM - Security Issues'
"Thanks for bringing this up! As Rainer mentioned, Ning.com wasn't vulnerable to the Heartbleed…"
1 hour ago
Khatlen Guse replied to Stig Karlsen's discussion 'Problems with Facebook activity feed'
"Hi Stig! My feed its ok now! :) I hope that your is ok too."
2 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"id use that but to be safe make sure theres no copywrite on the pentaprism and if there is it…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"I know very well SE, I ensure you that it was a sort of gratitude for the new platform for us. I…"
2 hours ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Phil. I take the occasion just to ask you if you took alook at this, for me ot could be e very good…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service