eReward 2- Now with advanced activity tracking , automated point rewarding system , ranking system.
A few years ago , Scripts4Ning brought out this amazing system for Ning Networks, but not long after that they stopped the production as Ning shuts down webdev access to a network's core. Everyone knows it is THE best mod on Ning Networks and urged Ning to build something like this.
Yeah Ning did build it but not exactly what NCs are expecting. just simple leaderboard to display top members.
So , I thought as Ning not going to build this thing , why not i build it, last year , i have completed it on July i think , but , the beta tests results were very bad , lots of bugs emerged , especially on internet explorer , so i have to shut it down (eBoard).
However , i have no given up hope to make this reality , at first , i successfully made a full point system plus control panel that works on all browsers which is eReward 1.
(the first version)
Then , i spent a few months trying to perfect eBoard so i can combine it with eReward to make a better mod. And now here it is, the results of days and days of hard work.
1. Tracks every users activity and automatically reward them points based on their what activity they done.
2. Title/Ranking System , you can specify title/ranks for specific amount of points , for example when user has 1000 points they get the title "Active Member"
3. Manage Points , reward admins able to reward/deduct points to/from users.
4. Improved control panel with a lot more features to manage the new system.
5. eReward Points Ranking module in Ning network's default leaderboard page , above top members module.
6. Activity which can be tracked includes:
Commenting , created a blog , added a discussion , reply to a discussion , join/create groups , upload photo and video.
(Special thanks to the above networks who are willing to let their networks be live demos of eReward!)
1. Is there a trial version?
Sorry but no. Why? Due to my tight schedules, building a trial system would take a lot of time , I sincerely apologize as i am the only one managing the whole eReward.
2. Can I change the language of the leaderboard?
Not yet but yes, i am working that option.
Will notify everyone on my twitter once its ready.
3. When user deletes a post , will their points and stat for that activity get deducted?
Yes, their points and stat score for that activity will decrease. so they will not just spam to get points.
4. Is this plug-in available to all countries?
Yes. elsodev is now hosted on a dedicated IP which can be accessible from around the world.
5. I dont have paypal , can i use other payment methods?
Unfortunately no , I only accept PayPal , sorry for the inconvenience
6. The leaderboard only shows top 3 points scorer , can i set that to 5 or more?
Not yet but yes , i am working on that option too.
7. When admin deletes a user's post , will that user points and stat score get deducted?
Yes eReward is able to detect admins on your network , and will decrease the post content owner's points and stat score when admins delete that post.
8. Something's wrong in eReward?
This system is not 100% bug-free , so if you found anything wrong or any bugs. Please report to me.
9. I cant afford it , why is the price like that?
Some complaint that the price is too high, however you need to consider these facts:
eReward 2, 59.99USD/Year comes with:
-Whole Year Full Support(Get response within 12 hours)
-Instant Setup after payment
-Unlimited Data & Bandwidth Hosting for your eReward.
(Bandwidth means if you have a high load of traffic on your network , eReward servers need to cope with that amount of traffic too, high traffic means high bandwidth)
I hope you will like it.
You can PM me for more info or just ask in below replies.
Follow @elsodev for more updates
To eReward 1 customers , your control panel have been updated to eReward 2 control panel , please copy the new scripts and replace the old ones with them on your network's custom code box
Sorry but currently eReward only offer 1 year subscription , i will make monthly option available soon.
Stop hosting or going out of business ,this is very unlikely to happen , even i dont want to host it anymore , i will hand over eReward to other companies or team to handle , that means eReward will continue , just different management team. so dont worry.
sorry, I misunderstood the $4.99 per month statement on your payment page, this is explaining what the yearly cost is broken down, not another option.
Last question when will it be available monthly - any idea? ie, next week, 6 months, next year?
Should be in September
does this collect member data on to your servers in any form?
eReward only collects member profile photo , username , user ning id , and profile url , user activity points and activity stat/score.
they are stored in mysql database on my server.
plus you can export your members data in .CSV
what are the data protection issues then, do we need to update our policies?
You can update it saying: eReward is storing your current profile photo , username , user ning id , and profile url , user activity points and activity stat/score on elsodev.com .
That will do. :)
cool, cheers. where is there a working demo?
Not yet , i will need to ask for permission of my current customers to share their network as live demos for this system.
OMG, this is so POWERFUL!!!!
@shoallan - Have you started using it?
I have been following this closely and I'd like to ask a few questions:
1. Any future plans to add chat room points? That is, a member earns a certain amount of points after type chatting for a set period of time. That would be great as our network's main feature is the chat room.
2. You mentioned the data that 's stored on your servers and I thought about this question: What happens when a network member changes the username, email address, profile photo? Does your script automatically update the information on your server? My students change these items on a daily basis.
3. Is there a way to make members use the points they earn to buy gifts from the gift store? (Just a dream).
4. Other than admins, can an ordinary member send some points to another member as a kind of gift or way to thank another member for doing something?
5. I'd like to see the ability to set access to certain pages of my network to require a certain amount of points. So for example, access to xxx page requires a minimum of 1000points. When a member with less points clicks on that page there should be a message "Sorry you need a minimum of 1000points in order to access this page" This would be a killer feature.
These are the questions I have for now as we continue to study this new script. The power of this script is unimaginable: Don't sleep man. You are on your way to something big.