Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Preview of Final Results. Checkout Live demo here!
Last updated 4/22/12 to fix issues address herehere and here! :p

Step 1

Setup center column of feature layout. Follow setting below and save your changes.

Step 2

The HTML: Copy and paste the html code below to the 1st textbox that we add on the
center column (see screenshot above). Important:make sure that you are in html mode when
pasting the code and save your changes.

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP8cGpmnJaUeANBZEljATNhsP2-p20hs*owSe1zEW9DArfoXTfCWDlSMLy2jhBFT*QlsMHGDrN4rVjYIlt*X3VzQ/1059729990.bin" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
$('.xj_leaderboard_module').addClass('indented_content');
$("ul.tabs").tabs(".indented_content");
});
</script>
<ul class="tabs">
<li><a class="current" href="#">Monthly Top 10</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Latest Activity</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Discussions</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Blogs</a></li>
</ul>

Step 3 (Final)

The Custom CSS: Copy and paste the css code below to the Advance section of your design
Studio or advance appearance if you are using the old editor. Important: there may be a need to
change some of the values on each properties below since we have different settings of our network themes. Please do so when needed.

ul.tabs {
height: 42px;
}
ul.tabs li {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #054C83;
border-right: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
float: left;
list-style: none outside none !important;
margin: 0 !important;
text-align: center;
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs a, ul.tabs li a:hover {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color: #FFFFFF;
display: block;
padding: 5px 0;
}
ul.tabs a.current {
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs li:hover, ul.tabs a.current {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0088C3;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
ul.tabs a.current:after {
border-color: #0088C3 transparent;
border-style: solid;
border-width: 10px 10px 0;
content: "";
display: block;
margin-left: 10%;
margin-top: 5px;
position: absolute;
width: 0;
}

save now your changes and your good to go. If you still in trouble following my steps please drop your questions down below and I will get back to you as fast as I can.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AWESOME donating to you today thanks

• awsome. i used it for diffrent gadgets..

Code is simple and clear.. previous discussiona nd previous attempts of NC,s was so complex

• i want to add videos and Text boxex and groups. what will be the additional code. i tryed by increasing  li tags in HTML but its not working

• Woot Woot!! You just save me some $$$ Thanks!! +1

• how cn i change the tab position..i want latest activity tab first,then discussions,then blogs and topten?

• Solo for now

<a class="current" href="#">Latest Activity</a>

• thanks Ismail

• Hi,
        I did that and it doesn't work... Still goes to leaders board by default... Maybe it's necessary to change some more code...

• love you lol

• when I tried the code one of my tabs ended up on the bottom left. I am using the 3 column layout but the tabs do not seem to fit. Would I just change the width 122px to something smaler?

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Writer Chick {Diane} replied to Karl Harrison's discussion Deleting Data
"It's also according to what kind of site you run. If your members are contributing ORIGINAL content…"
1 hour ago
JFarrow replied to Peter Matthews's discussion Faceted search for Ning 3.0?
"wonderful indeed it would be"
1 hour ago
JFarrow replied to Garfield Creator's discussion How to make it easy for You Tubers to invite their friends. in Creators Dashboard
"nice one G"
1 hour ago
JFarrow replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Saving Your Newsletters & Other Broadcast Messages While Keeping Them White Label
"nice tip for sure FT....i've been using a combination of codepen.io and Jens editor (mentioned abov…"
1 hour ago
Tyler Durbin replied to alice's discussion Is anyone making money on their Ning network?
"I run a closed membership site that does well.  I run Wordpress on the outside for all the SEO.  My…"
1 hour ago
Curt McClain, Clifford Fleming, Joe Brown and 2 more joined Ning Creators Network
2 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"Hi TJ
Here is how I copied full size images out from my network to use in a slideshow so this may h…"
2 hours ago
Luke Jones replied to alice's discussion Is anyone making money on their Ning network?
"Hello :) congratulations on your success :) could you give me tips on how to get more members/traff…"
4 hours ago
Jen replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Saving Your Newsletters & Other Broadcast Messages While Keeping Them White Label
"Nice tip, great idea!"
5 hours ago
TJ @ jQueryHelp replied to Fire-Tech's discussion 3.0 Tip: Saving Your Newsletters & Other Broadcast Messages While Keeping Them White Label
"Very nice tip; thanks FT!"
15 hours ago
TJ @ jQueryHelp replied to Dixie Redmond's discussion Ning 3 - Saving photos?
"Hi Dixie,
Could you provide a link to a photo in one of your groups that I can check out?  I may be…"
18 hours ago
ceri shaw replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Can't beat a bit of philosophy imho :)
I forget who it was that opined that positivism entails pass…"
18 hours ago
CocteauBoy replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"STEVE WROTE: "....i find that true positive thinking is accepting the negative and dealing with it…"
21 hours ago
JFarrow is now a member of Creators Dashboard
23 hours ago
JFarrow replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"No problem... i hope you get it sorted out.  Garfield is a whiz at the archiver.."
23 hours ago
steve replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Being into this sort of thing myself, i find that true positive thinking is accepting the negative…"
23 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"Thanks Garfield!
I just heard from Ning Support on my ticket an hour ago, and they re going to make…"
yesterday
Garfield Creator replied to Strumelia's discussion Particular issue with Ning Archiver: archiver can't access its own .json files?
"Sorry to hear Strumelia. If it's still not working I may have a workaround solution for backing the…"
yesterday
Strumelia replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"Everyone has their own approach, including Ning and Glam.  I tend to take a simpler approach:  if I…"
yesterday
CocteauBoy replied to Ning's discussion Update to Product Roadmap and Communication Changes
"I like this suggestion, but there's a fine line between "positive thinking" and delusion. At this p…"
yesterday
More…