Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

NC for Hire

Preview of Final Results. Checkout Live demo here!
Last updated 4/22/12 to fix issues address herehere and here! :p

Step 1

Setup center column of feature layout. Follow setting below and save your changes.

Step 2

The HTML: Copy and paste the html code below to the 1st textbox that we add on the
center column (see screenshot above). Important:make sure that you are in html mode when
pasting the code and save your changes.

<script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script src="http://api.ning.com:80/files/DqaYw0w2aP8cGpmnJaUeANBZEljATNhsP2-p20hs*owSe1zEW9DArfoXTfCWDlSMLy2jhBFT*QlsMHGDrN4rVjYIlt*X3VzQ/1059729990.bin" type="text/javascript"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
$(function() {
$('.xj_leaderboard_module').addClass('indented_content');
$("ul.tabs").tabs(".indented_content");
});
</script>
<ul class="tabs">
<li><a class="current" href="#">Monthly Top 10</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Latest Activity</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Discussions</a></li>
<li><a href="#">Blogs</a></li>
</ul>

Step 3 (Final)

The Custom CSS: Copy and paste the css code below to the Advance section of your design
Studio or advance appearance if you are using the old editor. Important: there may be a need to
change some of the values on each properties below since we have different settings of our network themes. Please do so when needed.

ul.tabs {
height: 42px;
}
ul.tabs li {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #054C83;
border-right: 1px solid #FFFFFF;
float: left;
list-style: none outside none !important;
margin: 0 !important;
text-align: center;
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs a, ul.tabs li a:hover {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
color: #FFFFFF;
display: block;
padding: 5px 0;
}
ul.tabs a.current {
width: 122px;
}
ul.tabs li:hover, ul.tabs a.current {
background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #0088C3;
color: #FFFFFF;
}
ul.tabs a.current:after {
border-color: #0088C3 transparent;
border-style: solid;
border-width: 10px 10px 0;
content: "";
display: block;
margin-left: 10%;
margin-top: 5px;
position: absolute;
width: 0;
}

save now your changes and your good to go. If you still in trouble following my steps please drop your questions down below and I will get back to you as fast as I can.

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• AWESOME donating to you today thanks

• awsome. i used it for diffrent gadgets..

Code is simple and clear.. previous discussiona nd previous attempts of NC,s was so complex

• i want to add videos and Text boxex and groups. what will be the additional code. i tryed by increasing  li tags in HTML but its not working

• Woot Woot!! You just save me some $$$ Thanks!! +1

• how cn i change the tab position..i want latest activity tab first,then discussions,then blogs and topten?

• Solo for now

<a class="current" href="#">Latest Activity</a>

• thanks Ismail

• Hi,
        I did that and it doesn't work... Still goes to leaders board by default... Maybe it's necessary to change some more code...

• love you lol

• when I tried the code one of my tabs ended up on the bottom left. I am using the 3 column layout but the tabs do not seem to fit. Would I just change the width 122px to something smaler?

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Writer Chick {Diane} replied to The Ning Team's discussion Notice of 2016 Storage Limit and Pricing Plan Changes
"LOL "
3 hours ago
Steve C replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"We're getting 500 errors again. What a mess."
3 hours ago
John Bizley replied to John Bizley's discussion My New Project Of Viewing Photos From The Activity Feed
"Just updated this so that clicking on a single image will open it up in the pop up, also if a post…"
4 hours ago
Philip Parker is now a member of Ning Powered Events
5 hours ago
Kos replied to The Ning Team's discussion Notice of 2016 Storage Limit and Pricing Plan Changes
"and they're still sending out those Richard Milligan (feverbee) emails............which I've never…"
7 hours ago
mysticpagan replied to The Ning Team's discussion Notice of 2016 Storage Limit and Pricing Plan Changes
"They are quick enough to threaten you with closure though if you miss a payment.......:("
8 hours ago
Jamie Baker replied to Jamie Baker's discussion Kopfans - From Ning 3.0 to Wordpress
"UPDATE - Kopfans just got a makeover! http://kopfans.net"
yesterday
Kos replied to The Ning Team's discussion Notice of 2016 Storage Limit and Pricing Plan Changes
"That's a sandbox for ya'.  You can shit in it and I doubt they'd even notice.  LMAO"
yesterday
Writer Chick {Diane} replied to The Ning Team's discussion Notice of 2016 Storage Limit and Pricing Plan Changes
"Just the other day I got this really fiendish thought. I would start using my sandbox and invite a…"
yesterday
"I'm just watching at this point but isn't it hilarious.............their lack of knowledge and foll…"
yesterday
Garfield Archivist replied to The Ning Team's discussion Notice of 2016 Storage Limit and Pricing Plan Changes
"What she said. Any concern before being contacted is a waste of time. However, I would definitely r…"
yesterday
"I am WAY over my storage limit (by 500%)  but I was told via support ticket that if I hadn't been c…"
yesterday
American Energy replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"I want to thank you NING for being so awful that you are causing me to look into alternatives. You…"
yesterday
Fabio Colasanti replied to The Ning Team's discussion Notice of 2016 Storage Limit and Pricing Plan Changes
"How can I reduce the storage place my network is using?  I added a large number of files and this l…"
yesterday
Kos replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"When you do get a person on the phone, it's merely a clerk who may or may not be able to assist you…"
yesterday
Rich replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"Well it's been 3 days now and no one from ning has gotten back to me about our sites dismal situati…"
yesterday
Jim Kinson replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"What frustrated me is they wouldn't even take a phone call. When the first issue came up, where I c…"
yesterday
Lora replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"They won't.... cause that is how they keep you hostage."
yesterday
Sharon replied to Natasha Dyer's discussion Adding a search bar
"Thank you for sharing."
Sunday
Fire-Tech replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion Yet Another Ball NING is Dropping
"Pick me up on the way bro.. "
Sunday
More…