Hi,

if a member uploaded a new song it will not displayed in the latest activity feed. Yesterday I added for my own two new songs but it wasn't displayed in the latest activity feed. Is there something wrong. I paid for a NING Pro - which contains Song and Video uploads to my network. But it makes no sense why members will not be informed about the feed if a new member uploaded new songs. It is a pity that songs should not be displayed in the RSS feed.

What 's going on ?

Best,
Jens

Tags: activity, feed, latest, music, rss, song

Views: 26

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nothing's going on Jens, it has always been thus.
My Pro network shows new music clips in the 'latest activity' list.
Try going to your manage/"Settings", then "Features", "activity feed"....be sure "new items" is checked.
i *think* that may be the setting that controls this.
Hey Strumelia.

You're right. Something is not checked in Jens settings. The only thing I can see there that might include mp3 uploads is "New Items". There's no specific setting for mp3.

I rarely look at the latest activity feed and forgot that mp3 uploads do indeed show in the list.

Thanks for correcting my error.
Anytime!
(now where's that cool hand clapping icon when i need it...?) lol!

Thank you Strumelia for your response:

New items is enabled because if not it won't show up if someone added a new video too. If someone added a new video it will display in the latest activity feed. Here is the setting what shall be displayed in the latest activity feed of my network:

What I think: NING started their new plans - NING Pro only has songs - but during this release they forgot maybe to add songs again to their RSS feed. Or another: the leaderboards produce RSS feeds - is based on how much comments an item is commented - but songs / music do not appear in this feeds too - so what's going on? I don't know it - I need a response from the Ning stuff that they like to bring it back to the latest activity module.
Like I said in my response above, mp3 uploads are showing in "Latest Activity" on my network. I don't know why they're not showing in yours. It's not Ning, it's your network.
Thunder X - thanks - it 's on my network on Ning but not because I haven't disabled the new items. Therefore I have posted it here as Bugs and Issues and not as improvement suggestions.

I have reported this to the Ning help center and hope Ning will fix that issue. Good to know it is my Ning network only.
Best of luck to you Jens.

Be well. =)
Ning fixed this issue

Stay tuned. 8-)
Music audios show up along with videos on my Latest Activity list too.

It's got to be a setting somewhere that you have different, if it was a 'bug' it would likely effect all of us, right?

Perhaps it has something to do with the settings you have chosen for your NING music player. How do you have your home page music player 'edit' display options set?

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"yup just add permenantly to leave"
12 minutes ago
Kos replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Jeffrey can't that be altered in Language Editor?"
24 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"i do find it hard to believe but ..use the language editor and add permenantly to the leave…"
34 minutes ago
Jeffrey Haskins replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"SE True, True, but same point as Strum made, some folks are internet clueless, and if they really…"
36 minutes ago
"i agree but disagree only thing i disagree with i disagree strongly with and thats the read more…"
48 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"SE, the same thing happens sometimes for me- members think the little link that says "Leave…"
51 minutes ago
Jeffrey Haskins replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Don't think the date will be a hard change, as the articles are already time and date stamped…"
54 minutes ago
"they never had to sign in to the group  and in settings theres a leave this network.. im…"
57 minutes ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service