Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Curious why it is that the latest activity feed on my page seems to be selective in what latest activity it shows. Glancing at it today it appears as though the only thing I've done since Feb 12 is become friends with someone and leave a comment for someone else, where the reality is that I've been involved in dozens of discussions since then and have probably made over 100 replies.

Any ideas why this is?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, Jon. I checked your page here on Creators, and it does appear to be adding content to your latest activity stream. If you can share you profile page URL on your network, I can take a look. If you can't share that publicly, a private ticket can helps us set you up with someone to look more closely. 

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone? That's just one idea that pops in my head right away. That could explain it. But, that's probably a longshot. 

• Hi Eric. Thanks for the reply. The My Page I'm thinking of is actually from a ning network I belong to (but am not an admin). Here's the link.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profile/JonFergus

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone?

Don't think that's possible. I just made a few replies in the last hour and none of them show up on my feed.

• Hmmm. That does seem weird. I am going to have to do some testing. I'm just not sure yet. 

• Thanks. Let me know if you find anything.

• I am completely stumped, Jon. I figured it was a caching issue, but I did some clearing on our side and checked everything I can think of, and I still can't seem to make your existing content register on your own activity feed on your MyPage. I hate to say it, but I might need you to move this up to a higher power. Oy. I just can't seem to figure this out. I even did some testing, and new content shows up on your feed as far as I can tell. The only thing I keep coming back to is that it must have been removed from your feed, but only you could do that. So, I am stuck. I will check again in the morning. 

• Haha... didn't expect to stump you with this one. I'll be very interested to know what's up if you (or higher powers) figure it out.

Thanks again for helping.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Tuxedo Ramen replied to Saurabh's discussion Has Ning stopped development ??
"ugh! No definite time for stuff that works in 2.0 now! Copy and paste...
Is this all about moving c…"
4 hours ago
Anthony "DarkGemineye" Johnson replied to Anthony "DarkGemineye" Johnson's discussion PlayStation Haven is back. Let me know what you think.
"Thanks a lot Jamie :)"
5 hours ago
Anthony "DarkGemineye" Johnson replied to Anthony "DarkGemineye" Johnson's discussion PlayStation Haven is back. Let me know what you think.
"Thanks, I am still trying to decide the best way to make use of the forum. So far I am not happy wi…"
5 hours ago
Gwynnyth replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Priorities are screwed up, I need site search and chat, I already had comments on my main page so..…"
5 hours ago
John Bizley replied to John Bizley's discussion My New Classifieds using WordPress and iframed into my site
"Hi Scott, yes I do already have one built straight into Ning in a group. I am going to replicate th…"
7 hours ago
Scott Bishop replied to John Bizley's discussion My New Classifieds using WordPress and iframed into my site
"Have you tried building your own classifieds from scratch right on your Ning platform?
Have alook h…"
7 hours ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to JFarrow's discussion How to Get Google to Recognize Sitemap
"I actually emailed ning about this the day i set up my site, first thing i did was go to set up my…"
8 hours ago
steve replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"What gets to me and surely they should know this. they cant go home and leave things broken, we all…"
8 hours ago
Mike Collins replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"My ticket (the second I've filed on activity feed) since migrating...

All known issues should sure…"
9 hours ago
John Bizley replied to Gerry Regan's discussion Alternatives to Apps.IO's Listings App
"The WordPress Log in is a separate log in because it is not part of the Ning site. I actually prefe…"
9 hours ago
Gerry Regan replied to Gerry Regan's discussion Alternatives to Apps.IO's Listings App
"John, how do you incorporate the Ning log-in on the WordPress version, or does it require a separat…"
10 hours ago
Zachary Moonshine replied to Gwynnyth's discussion CHAT
"I have cometchat for my members in  a bar at the bottom and it works just like facebook and we love…"
10 hours ago
Edie2k2 left a comment for Pat Howlett
"Thank you for accepting. Wonderful posts!"
11 hours ago
Jeffrey Haskins replied to JFarrow's discussion How to Get Google to Recognize Sitemap
"How has this worked out for everyone?"
13 hours ago
Pat Howlett replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
":]"
14 hours ago
Pat Howlett replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Great recap Anthony - of course I didn't think that any of those folks would engage - I still hold…"
14 hours ago
Pat Howlett left a comment for Edie2k2
"Great to connect with you Edie2k2 - please let me know whenever I might be of help."
14 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning3.0 thimes v1 full width network
"To widen your network you can use my code from this tip.
"TIP" widen your network too 1202px
I did…"
14 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion ( TIP "N3.0,2 ) Add Google translate to your Ning bar on all pages. Update 8/21/14 v8.1
"Update 8/21/14 v8.1 --  I fixed the cell phone users links. The mailbox and friends request is no l…"
14 hours ago
Anam replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"nothing from Monday night to yesterday shows up when it came back. nothing posted today went into i…"
14 hours ago
More…