Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Curious why it is that the latest activity feed on my page seems to be selective in what latest activity it shows. Glancing at it today it appears as though the only thing I've done since Feb 12 is become friends with someone and leave a comment for someone else, where the reality is that I've been involved in dozens of discussions since then and have probably made over 100 replies.

Any ideas why this is?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, Jon. I checked your page here on Creators, and it does appear to be adding content to your latest activity stream. If you can share you profile page URL on your network, I can take a look. If you can't share that publicly, a private ticket can helps us set you up with someone to look more closely. 

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone? That's just one idea that pops in my head right away. That could explain it. But, that's probably a longshot. 

• Hi Eric. Thanks for the reply. The My Page I'm thinking of is actually from a ning network I belong to (but am not an admin). Here's the link.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profile/JonFergus

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone?

Don't think that's possible. I just made a few replies in the last hour and none of them show up on my feed.

• Hmmm. That does seem weird. I am going to have to do some testing. I'm just not sure yet. 

• Thanks. Let me know if you find anything.

• I am completely stumped, Jon. I figured it was a caching issue, but I did some clearing on our side and checked everything I can think of, and I still can't seem to make your existing content register on your own activity feed on your MyPage. I hate to say it, but I might need you to move this up to a higher power. Oy. I just can't seem to figure this out. I even did some testing, and new content shows up on your feed as far as I can tell. The only thing I keep coming back to is that it must have been removed from your feed, but only you could do that. So, I am stuck. I will check again in the morning. 

• Haha... didn't expect to stump you with this one. I'll be very interested to know what's up if you (or higher powers) figure it out.

Thanks again for helping.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

soporte is now a member of Ning Powered Events
3 hours ago
Garfield Archivist replied to Garfield Archivist's discussion Network Creators Private Survey Results
""
7 hours ago
Anam replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"There have been some changes in recent days. Number 1, admins and Network Creators are now getting…"
13 hours ago
Edie2k2 replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"I'm very grateful for the fact that it still works. No complaints whatsoever... Best platform going!"
14 hours ago
Sam Alexander left a comment for Sam Alexander
""
14 hours ago
doone replied to Ning's discussion Introducing Activity Feed Improvements, Including Member Status Updates
"Ning still works, at least.  If you have a Ning 3 or a custom Ning 2 it is not that bad, IMO.  It w…"
18 hours ago
Tu Thai, Roger Crawford, keila and 1 more joined Ning Creators Network
yesterday
Katcha Sanderson replied to Katcha Sanderson's discussion Multiple forums in single network?
"Thanks for the realistic feedback. I wanted to know what my network can and cannot do in regards to…"
yesterday
JFarrow replied to David Carr's discussion Going to spam
"sometimes you can accidentally mark a message spam in gmail and all will go to spam... go to your s…"
yesterday
Kos replied to David Carr's discussion Going to spam
"It seems to happen, depending on the users security settings.  I'm always having to tell people to…"
yesterday
Paul Asher replied to James Quack's discussion Not able to Import Forums into Buddypress from Ning .JSON FIles
"No probs. Hope WP works out for you but if it doesn't don't forget Jamroom ;-)"
yesterday
James Quack replied to James Quack's discussion Not able to Import Forums into Buddypress from Ning .JSON FIles
"Thanks Yin. I will contact them.

And thats to you too Paul! That is a greattttt TIp"
yesterday
Paul Asher replied to James Quack's discussion Not able to Import Forums into Buddypress from Ning .JSON FIles
"Remember that by default Ning only archive a maximum of 200 comments per item. I think you have to…"
yesterday
SweetPotato replied to Katcha Sanderson's discussion Multiple forums in single network?
"I'd use groups in Ning 2.0. Three separate groups each with their own forum. Sadly, there is no way…"
yesterday
dave replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (tip for 3.0) floating navigation menu & ningbar -- two code formats to choose from HTML or CSS
""
yesterday
Kos replied to Katcha Sanderson's discussion Multiple forums in single network?
"2.0 does not allow it.  3.0 does (allow for multiple forums).  Sadly Ning has suspended migrating f…"
yesterday
Writer Chick {Diane} replied to Crystal's discussion Welcome to Creators 3.0!
"If you can't access your network because of domain setting errors, use the link below. That will gi…"
Sunday
Writer Chick {Diane} replied to Satheesh Kumar's discussion Change in Domain Name
"If you can't access your network because of domain setting errors, use the link below. That will gi…"
Sunday
Kwan Yin replied to James Quack's discussion Not able to Import Forums into Buddypress from Ning .JSON FIles
"Hi James,
I'm doing the same thing, slowly moving from Ning to wordpress / buddypress.
I can thorou…"
Saturday
Garfield Archivist replied to Crystal's discussion Welcome to Creators 3.0!
"Ok, if you would like me to take a look send me a private message. However, even looking at all you…"
Saturday
More…