Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Curious why it is that the latest activity feed on my page seems to be selective in what latest activity it shows. Glancing at it today it appears as though the only thing I've done since Feb 12 is become friends with someone and leave a comment for someone else, where the reality is that I've been involved in dozens of discussions since then and have probably made over 100 replies.

Any ideas why this is?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, Jon. I checked your page here on Creators, and it does appear to be adding content to your latest activity stream. If you can share you profile page URL on your network, I can take a look. If you can't share that publicly, a private ticket can helps us set you up with someone to look more closely. 

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone? That's just one idea that pops in my head right away. That could explain it. But, that's probably a longshot. 

• Hi Eric. Thanks for the reply. The My Page I'm thinking of is actually from a ning network I belong to (but am not an admin). Here's the link.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profile/JonFergus

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone?

Don't think that's possible. I just made a few replies in the last hour and none of them show up on my feed.

• Hmmm. That does seem weird. I am going to have to do some testing. I'm just not sure yet. 

• Thanks. Let me know if you find anything.

• I am completely stumped, Jon. I figured it was a caching issue, but I did some clearing on our side and checked everything I can think of, and I still can't seem to make your existing content register on your own activity feed on your MyPage. I hate to say it, but I might need you to move this up to a higher power. Oy. I just can't seem to figure this out. I even did some testing, and new content shows up on your feed as far as I can tell. The only thing I keep coming back to is that it must have been removed from your feed, but only you could do that. So, I am stuck. I will check again in the morning. 

• Haha... didn't expect to stump you with this one. I'll be very interested to know what's up if you (or higher powers) figure it out.

Thanks again for helping.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Randy L. Vollett replied to Allison Leahy's discussion Changes to Ning 3.0 Based on Your Feedback
"The last I heard we would be forced to migrate to 3.0 this month. Is this true or did they extend i…"
4 minutes ago
Scott Bishop replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Beautiful. You're awesome George!"
15 minutes ago
Randy L. Vollett replied to Allison Leahy's discussion Changes to Ning 3.0 Based on Your Feedback
"How about we do a ticket flood. Think they would get the message we are fed up?"
52 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Interesting thought, Jim."
56 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to Theresa Happe's discussion Looking for someone to switch my site for ning 3.0
"Theresa, once you move your site from 2.0 to 3.0, you will no longer have the ability to archive or…"
57 minutes ago
Strumelia replied to John McDonald's discussion Upcoming Ning Releases and Roadmap
"Hi John!   Any new developments or updates since you wrote this last summer in 2013 ?  "
1 hour ago
Roy Simmons replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"I know, they have us by the short and curlies!! No way to move to anything else, no sign of an upgr…"
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Allison Leahy's discussion Changes to Ning 3.0 Based on Your Feedback
"Hi,
Any more changes to Ning 3.0 coming?  Or is this ...it ?"
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Allison Leahy's discussion What are you most excited about?
"Exciting times, yes I'm excited ~!      =8-*"
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Allison Leahy's discussion Let's Talk About Ning 3.0
"we're pretty sure you're bubbling over with excitement and…more questions. 

That's a sure bet !…"
1 hour ago
Donna Mac replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"It's called "imagine your community is somewhere else""
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to John McDonald's discussion INTRODUCING NING 3.0: THE RE-IMAGINING OF OUR PRODUCT
"John says on March 11, 2013....

So… What happens to Ning 2.0?
We know this question is at the top…"
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Alex's discussion Ning 3.0: Our Progress So Far
"Hi Alex, any updates since you posted this...a year and a half ago?  .........

===================…"
1 hour ago
JFarrow replied to Traddie's discussion Member Map Not Working
"here are some instructions I wrote for making your own member map 
How to Map Your Members on a Nin…"
1 hour ago
Strumelia replied to Traddie's discussion Member Map Not Working
"Such apps are no longer supported by Ning.     Yet another great 'upgrade'."
2 hours ago
Strumelia replied to Jack Smith's discussion Paid Access
"Are you on Ning 3.0?  I didn't think 3.0 has Paid Access feature.
What do you mean when you say you…"
2 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Vickie's discussion PLEASE HELP@!!
"Your network appears to be up and running again. Well it's loading in my browser anyway :-) you hav…"
3 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Okay Scott the header is set to 100% width and 95% for the xg_body.. :) Just replace part one of th…"
3 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to George H. Compton IV's discussion (TIP) Ning 2.0 responsive fullwidth network at any screen resolution. :O Cellphones to TV's ;)
"Thank you Jim :-) you have a great day"
3 hours ago
Ning via Facebook

A Basic Online Community Wireframe http://ow.ly/BZqk4

A Basic…

More…