Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Curious why it is that the latest activity feed on my page seems to be selective in what latest activity it shows. Glancing at it today it appears as though the only thing I've done since Feb 12 is become friends with someone and leave a comment for someone else, where the reality is that I've been involved in dozens of discussions since then and have probably made over 100 replies.

Any ideas why this is?

You need to be a member of Ning Creators Network to add comments!

Join Ning Creators Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hey, Jon. I checked your page here on Creators, and it does appear to be adding content to your latest activity stream. If you can share you profile page URL on your network, I can take a look. If you can't share that publicly, a private ticket can helps us set you up with someone to look more closely. 

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone? That's just one idea that pops in my head right away. That could explain it. But, that's probably a longshot. 

• Hi Eric. Thanks for the reply. The My Page I'm thinking of is actually from a ning network I belong to (but am not an admin). Here's the link.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profile/JonFergus

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone?

Don't think that's possible. I just made a few replies in the last hour and none of them show up on my feed.

• Hmmm. That does seem weird. I am going to have to do some testing. I'm just not sure yet. 

• Thanks. Let me know if you find anything.

• I am completely stumped, Jon. I figured it was a caching issue, but I did some clearing on our side and checked everything I can think of, and I still can't seem to make your existing content register on your own activity feed on your MyPage. I hate to say it, but I might need you to move this up to a higher power. Oy. I just can't seem to figure this out. I even did some testing, and new content shows up on your feed as far as I can tell. The only thing I keep coming back to is that it must have been removed from your feed, but only you could do that. So, I am stuck. I will check again in the morning. 

• Haha... didn't expect to stump you with this one. I'll be very interested to know what's up if you (or higher powers) figure it out.

Thanks again for helping.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Rich replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"Our site is totally screwed up and no replies from ning or anything. So embarrassing and losing mon…"
5 hours ago
Ambroise replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"From my side, the problem is solved :-)"
8 hours ago
Shelli Poole replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"The archiver tool doesn't work for my 2.0 either. Service tickets produced what I have to presume a…"
11 hours ago
Vincent Wright replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"Funny, funny, FUNNY Kos! lol :-) "
11 hours ago
Kos replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"We need to flood them with service requests for an archive tool for 3.0.  I mean a new ticket, each…"
11 hours ago
Kos replied to Natasha Dyer's discussion Adding a search bar
"No, Ning never developed a search bar once Mode took them over.  I'm using this one. It's not fancy…"
11 hours ago
"You're assuming people keep their LinkedIn profile up to date. *lol*  I know many who do not."
11 hours ago
Vincent Wright replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"INTERESTING!  If we go to Ning on Linkedin, we see Marc Andreesen's Linkedin profile. (https://www.…"
12 hours ago
"-----------and it's Friday afternoon.  You know what that means.  Another weekend of broken sites o…"
13 hours ago
Steve C replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"Live.autographmagazine.com is working properly again."
17 hours ago
Jen replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"The only good thing from this whole embarrassing and appalling debacle - - at the least the brillia…"
17 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"I wholeheartedly agree"
17 hours ago
⚡JFarrow⌁ replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"No sidebars loading on my network.."
17 hours ago
"I wholeheartedly agree"
17 hours ago
Rod Schwartz replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"NING Management:
Your lack of timely and transparent response to the serious problems that have aff…"
18 hours ago
Just Asking replied to Just Asking's discussion Here's a fun new glitch... random IP addresses seem to be blocked. Your network, too?
"It went from bad to worse on my end. Some members are still locked out, and have been for a month n…"
18 hours ago
"All the above being said and all the right-on-points being made by dedicated Ning users, I must add…"
18 hours ago
Sharon replied to Natasha Dyer's discussion Adding a search bar
"Hi Natasha,
Have you got any response yet? I am also interested in the search bar on our the ning w…"
18 hours ago
Jonas replied to Just Asking's discussion Here's a fun new glitch... random IP addresses seem to be blocked. Your network, too?
"I access Ning from two locations: home and an office.
In the office ping worked for varying degrees…"
19 hours ago
Kyle replied to The Ning Team's discussion Update on May Service Disruptions
"I have not modified my 2.0 site in years. I do have custom CSS, but it's been working fine since I…"
19 hours ago
More…