Curious why it is that the latest activity feed on my page seems to be selective in what latest activity it shows. Glancing at it today it appears as though the only thing I've done since Feb 12 is become friends with someone and leave a comment for someone else, where the reality is that I've been involved in dozens of discussions since then and have probably made over 100 replies.

Any ideas why this is?

Tags: activity, latest, my, page

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, Jon. I checked your page here on Creators, and it does appear to be adding content to your latest activity stream. If you can share you profile page URL on your network, I can take a look. If you can't share that publicly, a private ticket can helps us set you up with someone to look more closely. 

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone? That's just one idea that pops in my head right away. That could explain it. But, that's probably a longshot. 

Hi Eric. Thanks for the reply. The My Page I'm thinking of is actually from a ning network I belong to (but am not an admin). Here's the link.

http://www.30bananasaday.com/profile/JonFergus

I guess one thing I would ask is if it possible that your content was deleted from the activity feed by anyone?

Don't think that's possible. I just made a few replies in the last hour and none of them show up on my feed.

Hmmm. That does seem weird. I am going to have to do some testing. I'm just not sure yet. 

Thanks. Let me know if you find anything.

I am completely stumped, Jon. I figured it was a caching issue, but I did some clearing on our side and checked everything I can think of, and I still can't seem to make your existing content register on your own activity feed on your MyPage. I hate to say it, but I might need you to move this up to a higher power. Oy. I just can't seem to figure this out. I even did some testing, and new content shows up on your feed as far as I can tell. The only thing I keep coming back to is that it must have been removed from your feed, but only you could do that. So, I am stuck. I will check again in the morning. 

Haha... didn't expect to stump you with this one. I'll be very interested to know what's up if you (or higher powers) figure it out.

Thanks again for helping.

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

NC for Hire
JFarrow replied to MsCharlie's discussion 'Sign in and welcome'
"i think this was loud enough to get your point across, but unfortunately it will blend in with the…"
1 hour ago
Riccardo Rossini replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"No problem Phil, good decision"
1 hour ago
Star Kitty (Intl Starseed Ntwk) replied to Crystal Coleman's discussion 'Ning 3.0 Progress Update for March and Let's Hear Your Thoughts'
"I sure did...for videos! lol"
2 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"good"
3 hours ago
Phil McCluskey replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"We reverted this change and will give it another shot early next week. Apologies for the bugs and…"
4 hours ago

NC for Hire
JFarrow replied to John Bizley's discussion 'Has anyone else considered using a tab container for help files ?'
"this tip is infinitely useful to NCs John .. I've been doing something similar, but instead of…"
6 hours ago
soaringeagle replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"category nav seems fixed  but custom page module still screwy but..great job on a very speredy…"
6 hours ago
Jelena replied to Riccardo Rossini's discussion 'Please Ning staff'
"Same as SE. That would be a problem with the Trademark name.."
9 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service