Current status of the Ning Platform is always available on the Ning Status Blog.

Forum

Replies

• NC for Hire

Nice start Charles.  Not sure exactly what it is but i can imagine a lot of great maps and great digests are in your future.  Good luck!

• Hi JFarrow

Thanks for checking my site out.
  • Woah. This is cool. I've never seen a Ning Network used this way.The second I landed on your site, I totally got the concept and knew what you were doing (which is oddly rare with Ning sites) and it was easy to find the info I needed to. 

The only feedback I have is that you may want to simplify your menu. Ditch about half of it because that will confuse most players. The fewer options people have, the less they have to think and the happier/ more likely to follow through they are. The drop down on the about us tab is especially bewildering to me. I saw the "payment" link and went "Aha! They want money." Which you don't, not from your players, but I only know that because I cared enough to click and read. Most people won't. Try to put only essential links in your main menu, so it's intuitive. If you need to, you can create pages with more links after the menu link... you know, maybe rather than breaking it down in the menu, have a "play with us" and a "work with us" tab. The work with us tab would break down all the ways people can partner with you.

Also, the home tab and sign up tabs are redundant... just remove them, IMO. The "My profile" isn't beneficial to non-members... does Ning 3 let you hide tabs from non-members? If so, you should. Contact might be better under "about." And, while photos seem to be an integral part of your games, I think you'd do better to add a photo stream to the home page (You have one but it's called prizes?) and include a link to upload photos below the profile button- again, for members only if possible. Hmm... unless your goal with photos is for you to have people look at yours for the sake of getting clues. In which case, maybe you should have that link go directly to your "Game Master's" photos rather than the general pool of photos. 

Anyway, those are just my thoughts. I really like the site overall. It looks like it will be fun for members and profitable as well.

This reply was deleted.

Search the Creators Network

Latest Activity

Alliance replied to Mike Collins's discussion Ning Development - Roadmap
"i agree a roadmap from April would be appreciated if you could. It gives us time to decide on work…"
11 hours ago
Kos replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"Yes sir"
15 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"Kos I agree. Normally I am quite a patient person as I know writing code can take time with testing…"
15 hours ago
Kos replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"I was going to respond but felt I'd leave it to you John.  This is just insane!  You don't release…"
15 hours ago
Bizz ( John ) replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"I'm sorry, but why would a feature you have added that isn't working correctly not be a priority to…"
15 hours ago
Dan replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"All ning animation across the platform stopped working in edit box's &  if added as site name, 3.0…"
16 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"now my posts from 3weeks ago areshowing up as new posts  in Creator activity feed.  What the?"
18 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"So Events is the ONE new feature - aside from Google Capture,which you didn't create- that has been…"
18 hours ago
Beatriz Martín replied to ⚡JFarrow⌁'s discussion Clean, Robust, Filterable Community Member Directory
"But. If someone looks the source code (html) and search for the specific line of the awesome-table,…"
19 hours ago
Douwe Dronkert replied to Douwe Dronkert's discussion Can I just upgrade to Facebook Graph API v2.3 or higher?
"Hi Kyryl,
Thanks for your quick reply.
That's a pity. Is this kind of functionality something that…"
21 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Hi Kevin,
Former network creator has to fill the form http://hc.ning.com/contact/transferownership/…"
22 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Hi Anam,
We do apologise for the inconveniences.
The report has been created and passed to our tech…"
22 hours ago
Anam replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"Yes mine has been gone for 2 days and i have just filed ticket. I don't understand why there could…"
22 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Yana Ning Support's discussion CAPTCHA - NO BOTS AND SPAMMY CONTENT
"Why does the Latest Activity feedhere on Creators now only show Ning's own Facebook posts ?!?
Pleaz…"
22 hours ago
Suki Winthrop replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"they say everything  old gets new again- lol   Krazy!"
22 hours ago
Lucca King is now a member of Ning Creators Network
22 hours ago
Mike Collins replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion What's Happened To The Activity Feeds ? None are showing on any sites including creators
"No response here either which isn't great considering they have been quite active and responding to…"
22 hours ago
Kyryl_Ning_Support replied to Bizz ( John )'s discussion Why Are The Events Not Listing The Same Way As UpComing In My Events Or Categories ?
"Hi John,
It's not the question of the сomplexity of the task. As usual in such cases, the priority…"
23 hours ago
More…