Members accidentally leaving network, LEAVE NETWORK/SAVE are millimeters from each other.

Hi Ning,

This isn't the greatest attention to detail, I've wondered why members kept leaving then signing back up, now I know why. Is there a fix for this please? The hot area for LEAVE extends to the very edge of the save button.

Tags: LEAVE, Members, NETWORK/SAVE, accidentally, are, each, from, leaving, millimeters, network, More…other.

Views: 193

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This trick can be found in a list of 3 little CSS tricks in the JenSocial VIP Group.  I thought you saw it because you commented under the discussion. Does this not work for you? I'll leave it here too. Please let me know if it doesn't do the trick.

The "LEAVE" Network Link is TOO CLOSE to the SAVE button:

/* Fix LEAVE SITE link. It is located too close to Profile Question SAVE button. Add padding between link and SAVE button. Also add underline so it's obvious to member they are clicking on a link, for less accidental clicking. */
div#xg.xg_widget_profiles div.xg_module_body div.right p.buttongroup a.left {padding-right:55px;text-decoration:underline;}

This is something Ning definitely needs to correct. =)

Best,
Jen

Hey doll! It did shift over the button, however a hot area remained that spanned the entire padding space over to the edge of SAVE. So even tho visually it corrected the design flaw, the fix posted here didn't actually put dead space between the 2 options.

ahhh, thank you for clarifying. So, it's official, my code does not fix the problem. I think I just needed margin instead of padding. Try this. If it works, I'll update the code above, and the tip.

div#xg.xg_widget_profiles div.xg_module_body div.right p.buttongroup a.left {margin-right:55px;text-decoration:underline;}

Best,

Jen

I had the same problem, here is the link to it http://creators.ning.com/forum/topics/members-leaving-by-mistake?xg...

I have noticed now though that both links do not show up on my site at all so wether Ning have removed them from my particular theme im not sure.

Creator account does not see the LEAVE XXX link.

I created a member account for testing while not logged in as the creator which works a treat for keeping an eye on things while not logged in as the creator. I will take another look in case the links are back again. I hope you get this resolved as it is a problem for sure.

Excellent, excellent point. Just wanted to let you know that this is actually in our system as an improvement to be made. I will add your comments to the feature improvement request. Thank you. 

I believe the theme we are using is "Arcadia"

I reported this issue back in June for the Nerdcore theme

I would hope its important enough to pop a snippet of code to fix it at the core for everyone...

I originally reported this issue over six months ago (Ticket #00456800) come on Ning

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"nah was a good tip for blogs and forums..and articles if reed mores added later but the point is…"
37 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"well in groups i see a point in that when they join a group as part of the join process there…"
42 minutes ago
Kos replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"oops sorry.  Didn't catch that.  Will delete my blurp"
45 minutes ago
Skye replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Email Notifications for Blogs and Forums'
"This was my issue as well and I guess from what I am seeing and reading it is not going to be a…"
47 minutes ago
soaringeagle replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"thats for blogs/forums tho right theres no read more that i can see on articles"
59 minutes ago
Kos replied to Phil McCluskey's discussion 'Introducing Articles and the Author Bio Box'
"Just jumping in here but you guys can enhance that "read more" a bit in Language Editor…"
1 hour ago

NC for Hire
Garfield Creator replied to soaringeagle's discussion 'simple tweak that ning can do to drasticly increase joins/growth'
"Good one!"
3 hours ago
Dutchlabel replied to Dutchlabel's discussion 'Align images horizontally'
"Kinda at least.. The code is ok, now Ning just ***** it up.. And I was trying to place this code in…"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service