after a few months as the NC of www.creativeprofessionalsworldwide.com, a private network, yesterday night, I noticed something incredible I hadn't noticed so far:
- My network is set up as private
- but, as a teaser to recruit new Members, I let some pages accessible to anyone,
- among which the homepage
- on my homepage, I put a "Members" box I selected from the "Features & Layouts" to make it more attractive and dynamic
- and I've got one tab called "Members" where you can find the Member's directory...
- that I set up as "private".
One of the asset of my network being the Members, having the Members Directory accessible to the Members only was a key feature.
So far, so good. Except that yesterday night, at the bottom right on the Members box on the homepage, I noticed a "View all members" button which was...clickable by any visitor!! Leading them to the full Members Directory where they could click on any Member and discover their profile, contact details etc. In one night, any visitor could have "stolen" my Members databasis!
Have you noticed that yourself? How did you solve it? For now, I've turned off the Members box and replaced it by a faked fixed image...Not a geek, so I made it my arty-crafty way!
Any help from Ning reps or clever/geek NCs will be very much appreciated :-)