Hello - would it be helpful to anyone else to be able to schedule message broadcasts for a future date/ time? I run a 28 Day Online Vegan Challenge and I have daily emails that are sent out, walking the members through the program. I live in Seattle and my members live all over the US. East Coasters are requesting earlier emails. I already stay up until 11PM to post the next day's site content, and would rather not stay up past midnight.

I would like to set up a series of message broadcasts.

Tags: Broadcast, Message

Views: 177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea. It's not something you can do now, but I will pass this along to our product team. 

Hi Eric,

Are scheduled broadcasts a possibility this year?

Angela

No plans for that right now, Angela. I think that we will need to tackle Broadcast Message improvements at some point, and that's a great thing to include in that. 

Hi Eric,

How are we looking this year - to have the ability to schedule broadcasts?  This would be a big improvement to the platform and help us manage our sites.

Angela  

Hey Angela!

Eric no longer works here at Ning.

I don't know if the Constant Contact application found in your Ning Extensions would be of any use, but no harm in checking it out.

Hi Patrick,

I appreciate your reply - exporting my member list to Constant Contact is not an option. I have a branded website that I pay a subscription for already. I want all communications going through the same platform. It also isn't a real time sync between the two platforms. I have people joining over a month's time and the thought of exporting my list each day (or multiple times a day) is not appealing.

If we can post a blog article for a future date, why can we not post a message broadcast for a future date?

Angela

Hi Angela, I may be able to help you with this.

I would love to see if I can have this work on your network to your satisfaction. Please send me a private message with your network and let's see what we can work out. I want to get some more details on how you would like this to work. I think we can work out a solution in under a week.

+1

Is this still a feature that might be planned? To not be able to schedule daily broadcasts does place a lot of extra burden on creators that send daily messages.

I agree! I would LOVE this feature! It would help me be more consistent with the daily email timing. People participate from multiple time zones and it would help them to get the daily message before 9AM PST...

It seems like the creators are focused mostly on the social networking platforms/ integration. To me, scheduling daily broadcasts is a basic feature that would help all hosted membership sites.

Angela

RSS

What's Up With Ning 3.0?

Click here to share your thoughts on what features we should develop next! - Survey will close Friday, 4/25

Projects that the Ning 3.0 Team is currently working on: 

Articles - a new way of organizing longer content pieces. Released 4/16.

Activity Feed Updates - options for more content in the activity feed.

Forum Notifications - ability for members to opt into receiving notifications of new discussions in forums. Released 4/9. 

APIs - The ability to create new members and content programatically.

For more information on what's next, visit the Product Roadmap

Latest Activity

Just Asking replied to Just Asking's discussion 'Need help defeating image crawler...'
"I will do that for the last couple.  The member is somehow still finding ones I hide on…"
51 minutes ago
Just Asking replied to Just Asking's discussion 'Anybody know of virtual world or virtual pet widgets with custom private channels?'
"I actually have a couple different ones like that installed already I'm *supposed to* be…"
54 minutes ago
Kos replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'how to reduce the http request'
"Agreed."
3 hours ago
George H. Compton IV replied to Enrrico Torres's discussion 'Please help to create a slider'
"Replace just the CSS stylesheet with this one. I think I have it all worked out for…"
3 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to Shruti Shah's discussion 'Sign up problem'
"I seen that somewhere two on another site, not sure what it means."
3 hours ago
Fondazione ISTUD is now a member of Creators
4 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to György Juhász's discussion 'Language editor issues'
"Hey, good idea! I know in Ning 2.0 the most recent translations were on the last pages of the site…"
4 hours ago
Elshara Silverheart replied to György Juhász's discussion 'Language editor issues'
"I've never heard of that happening before. Essentially you're having problems translating…"
4 hours ago

© 2014   Created by Ning.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service